Fullcourt Press Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 1/10/2017 7:26:00 AM (view original):
What you understand can be written on the head of a needle. Why the long post?
Because that's what was needed to be written down sir!
1/10/2017 7:43 AM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 1/10/2017 6:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dadbod on 1/10/2017 6:28:00 AM (view original):
That's true but has nothing to do with being a cookie cutter way to a NT.

To be clear, having a full human conference is lots of fun but not the optimal way to win a championship. I am not even positive it is beneficial any more.
What I understand is, this game is design to favor the veteran coaches over the noobs who just started. Meaning if you're the one who build the conference and you're the only one in the conference. At the start of the "building of the conference" you should have the advantage over the full conference and have the best factors in winning a national championship.

But you will have to deal with timing and precise best classes at the right time the spots are filled. Other coaches maybe veterans in the game so in 4 seasons you're national champs hope will slowly erase. But best RPI and prestige will sway people to join the conference if they want success.

What I am doing right now with my division 3 team College of New Jersey is. I am playing the waiting game, I am getting my prestige/defense/roster up before I start recruiting for the conference. May take a long time to fill so its seasons out in the plan. Since my conference mate isn't renewing this deadline.

for any noobs who read this, there is much in this post on which I would recommend one not rely
1/10/2017 8:20 AM
Posted by fd343ny on 1/10/2017 8:20:00 AM (view original):

To be clear, having a full human conference is lots of fun but not the optimal way to win a championship. I am not even positive it is beneficial any more.
What I understand is, this game is design to favor the veteran coaches over the noobs who just started. Meaning if you're the one who build the conference and you're the only one in the conference. At the start of the "building of the conference" you should have the advantage over the full conference and have the best factors in winning a national championship.

But you will have to deal with timing and precise best classes at the right time the spots are filled. Other coaches maybe veterans in the game so in 4 seasons you're national champs hope will slowly erase. But best RPI and prestige will sway people to join the conference if they want success.

What I am doing right now with my division 3 team College of New Jersey is. I am playing the waiting game, I am getting my prestige/defense/roster up before I start recruiting for the conference. May take a long time to fill so its seasons out in the plan. Since my conference mate isn't renewing this deadline.

for any noobs who read this, there is much in this post on which I would recommend one not rely
For any n00b who read that, I hope you learned a lesson. Don't bother.
1/10/2017 8:38 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/10/2017 8:38:00 AM (view original):

Ok well don't bother reading the post then!
1/10/2017 8:45 AM
For anyone that cares, we lost Game 1 60-38 and Game 2 77-66. So we cut it in half. I gave half my shots to my C/PF and run uptempo. I ran 3-2, -5 to hopefully keep their C down a little. I started my b/u C in hopes that Snyder-C or Davin-PF would be on the court most of the time. That did not work as Snyder got in foul trouble and logged 13 minutes. Davin took 14 of 54 shots, made 8 and finished with 18. Their C, mostly against my back-ups, scored 20 on 6-14 FG, 6-7 FT and got POG. Thanks, Snyder. We went from 19 TO to 20 TO.

And we have another FCP game tonight.
1/10/2017 8:58 AM (edited)

game isnt designed to favor veterans over noobs any more than any other game favors those who have experience

no evidence that one has the best chance of winning a title at the start of "building a conference"

national champ hopes do not erase as other coaches join a conference

1/10/2017 9:08 AM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 1/10/2017 8:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/10/2017 8:38:00 AM (view original):

Ok well don't bother reading the post then!
I stopped over a week ago. You go over two lines, I move on. It's a very special status I apply to users who A) never make sense or B) bore me to sleep. Congrats!!!!
1/10/2017 9:26 AM
You can't blame Ward for his strategy. He's playing the waiting game, Mike. He just can't wait too long because in 4 seasons his National Championship hopes will slowly erase.
1/10/2017 9:39 AM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 1/10/2017 4:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by poncho0091 on 1/10/2017 2:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by CoachWard95 on 1/9/2017 6:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/9/2017 6:40:00 PM (view original):
And I am in a conference with 11 humans. They're learning too.
Cookie cutter way to winning a national championship I believe.
Honestly not really sure how this is cookie cutter. I have 2 titles with a team in an empty conference. I just finished a F4 run. I make up for the weak Conference SOS by scheduling a strong Non Conference schedule. Everything else is simply based on your team talent.
You wouldn't have to schedule strong in non conference if you have a full conference.
I also am in a full conference and being in a full conference can hurt you more than help you very often if you're not careful.
1/11/2017 12:37 AM
Got my *** beat by a weak FCP team. Adjustments must be made!!!!!
1/11/2017 7:13 AM
Why did you play a -2 against them? You got out-rebounded and they shot better than 50% inside. Stick with the -4 until your personnel improves.
1/11/2017 7:37 AM
The -5 didn't work in my other FCP games. I was trying something different.
1/11/2017 7:46 AM
Maybe I'm reading it wrong. We lost the turnover points 13-2 and 3 PT 5-9 to 1-2. To me, that's where we lost. We didn't really have an ATH disadvantage but they had a significant speed advantage.
1/11/2017 7:55 AM
◂ Prev 12345
Fullcourt Press Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.