For interested parties Topic

Have seen questions about wareagle389's disappearance from Ohio University. Back in September/October, I created a second ID in Wilkinson with the intention of having 2 teams in the only world worth playing in. I followed the unwritten rule of letting other Wilkinson coaches know by posting on the boards. Was very careful not to do anything that would ever be perceived as cheating and there were no problems for 3-4 seasons.

This past week or so, someone turned in a ticket complaining that I was violating the Fair Play Guidelines (2 teams within 1,000 miles). WIS agreed and contacted me about the situation. I knew Ohio and Ga. Southern were within 1,000 miles of each other. However, with being at a different level and not being "close" to each other, I thought it was fine.

WIS removed me from Ohio and credited me back the season. Is what it is. I think it is for the best. I can barely handle recruiting for one team, much less for two. Just want everyone to know that I never used funds for one school to benefit the other school or did anything else shady.
1/5/2017 12:32 PM
Ehh who cares. Not a big deal to me.
1/5/2017 12:57 PM
good to know. Thanks.
One one hand I think that WIS has it right to not allow D1A and D1AA teams within 1000 miles in the sense that D1A and D1AA are particularly close in recruiting in Wilkinson and one really will interact with D1A teams in recruiting when at D1AA. On the other hand you evidently didn't intend to abuse the system and I don't believe the rule has previously been applied like this. As a consequence l think you went a bit unlucky for being victim of a new precedent you could hardly have forseen.
1/5/2017 3:15 PM (edited)
You did nothing wrong in my eyes. The 1,000 mile rule has been broken before in the Wilkinson world. Just before no one complained, you got targeted. As you followed the unwritten rule in this world to let coaches know up front. In the end it actually hurt you. SMH.
1/5/2017 2:07 PM
Thanks for the info Wareagle. It's always best to hear things from those directly involved.
1/5/2017 2:15 PM
Yeah it doesn't bother me either I think some people come into Wilkinson thinking that they are going to have the same amount of success they have been having in other worlds and when they come in and start failing they start to look for excuses instead of realizing that this is a packed world with a lot of elite coaches and you have to bring your A game for every game and not just recruit and be on cruise control for the rest of the season.
1/5/2017 3:00 PM
Wareagle, it's unfortunate that this happened to you, given you were upfront from the beginning. Honestly, I think GD should leave this alone unless clear cheating is occurring. Whoever turned you in hasn't helped the situation. Instead, it will cause coaches to hide their second ID, and not be upfront about it.
1/5/2017 10:22 PM
Posted by chetty1963 on 1/5/2017 10:22:00 PM (view original):
Wareagle, it's unfortunate that this happened to you, given you were upfront from the beginning. Honestly, I think GD should leave this alone unless clear cheating is occurring. Whoever turned you in hasn't helped the situation. Instead, it will cause coaches to hide their second ID, and not be upfront about it.
+1
1/6/2017 9:54 AM
Posted by wareagle399 on 1/5/2017 12:32:00 PM (view original):
Have seen questions about wareagle389's disappearance from Ohio University. Back in September/October, I created a second ID in Wilkinson with the intention of having 2 teams in the only world worth playing in. I followed the unwritten rule of letting other Wilkinson coaches know by posting on the boards. Was very careful not to do anything that would ever be perceived as cheating and there were no problems for 3-4 seasons.

This past week or so, someone turned in a ticket complaining that I was violating the Fair Play Guidelines (2 teams within 1,000 miles). WIS agreed and contacted me about the situation. I knew Ohio and Ga. Southern were within 1,000 miles of each other. However, with being at a different level and not being "close" to each other, I thought it was fine.

WIS removed me from Ohio and credited me back the season. Is what it is. I think it is for the best. I can barely handle recruiting for one team, much less for two. Just want everyone to know that I never used funds for one school to benefit the other school or did anything else shady.
You probably out recruited them for a key position...sounds like sour grapes to me, on their end.

1/6/2017 10:12 PM
For interested parties Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.