Milt Schmidt 9 in Topic

How come nobody has suggested a Milt Schmidt league. How about a 100M cap. Draft players who played during Milts career, from 1936-37 to 1954-55.
Two types of teams.
1) Bruins team, i.e someone who played with Milt.
2) Players from this same years who played against Milt.

Before I put to much effort into this, any comments?
1/6/2017 12:16 PM
Sounds great - I would join!
1/6/2017 12:36 PM
I would join!
1/6/2017 1:21 PM
I would be interested as he was on the famous German line! Not saying the K word lol. Every team should draft a version of him and be on one of the four lines. Not reserves.
1/6/2017 7:14 PM (edited)
HAHAHA, this reminds me of a story. My father is German, was born there in 1934. Anyhow, about 10 years ago he used to go out for coffee once a week with other Germans. I knew most of these people and none of them "smiled" easily. Anyway, they started referring to themselves as a gentlemen s club and they wanted to have t-shirts with a group name made for all members. Sometimes I`m quick. When my father told me about this, I said:
"Why not the Sauerkrauts"? For those who dont know, "sauer" means angry.
Actually, he had a good chuckle but apparently his friends did not find this amusing at all.

There, I said the K word.
1/6/2017 7:33 PM
I`ll wait and see what folks have to say. I sort of like my idea. If we`re going into those years (and we dont do this often) we need to have all the stars represented. We cant have Milt as the highest paid player because of all the greats of that era who would be left out.
1/6/2017 7:35 PM
Well if this gets off the ground like a team of players who played against him.
1/6/2017 8:00 PM
I'd be there for you buddy
1/7/2017 11:35 AM
Posted by the_skipper on 1/6/2017 12:16:00 PM (view original):
How come nobody has suggested a Milt Schmidt league. How about a 100M cap. Draft players who played during Milts career, from 1936-37 to 1954-55.
Two types of teams.
1) Bruins team, i.e someone who played with Milt.
2) Players from this same years who played against Milt.

Before I put to much effort into this, any comments?
Not enough player inventory. 6 teams and most teams will have Red Kelly and etc. maybe 10 of the same ones on every team. That's my nickel's worth
1/7/2017 6:28 PM
thanks for your interest. I drafted a Boston team and I came in nicely at 100k. I think that the Boston teams would be pretty similar...give or take 2 or 3 players. I the NHL team will have more variety. I like my suggestion. Unless it's a drafting league, many teams end up with the same guys. This is a chance to use these seldom used players. Can a Bruins player challenge the Rocket for goals scored? Can Dit Clapper challenge Red Kelly on d?

I've seen tribute leagues and join some of them. I usually give up on leagues that stall early but I may keep pressing with this one.
1/8/2017 8:42 AM
In
1/8/2017 4:07 PM
Thanks scott
1/9/2017 8:39 AM
count me in
1/9/2017 11:36 AM
I dont understand the stipulation of either a bruins or opponents team. Why not just make it open to any players who played during his career? This would get us using some guys that aren't normally used.
1/9/2017 11:44 AM
we will use seldom used players. It's going to be like the old all star games. You have a choice of drafting a team of players who played with Milt or against him. So it will be a team of 1936-37 to 1954-55 Boston Boston Bruins against a team of NHL players for those same years excluding Boston players.
1/9/2017 1:00 PM
12 Next ▸
Milt Schmidt 9 in Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.