The coaching change period just kicked in for Wooden...

of the 345 D3 coaches that started the season, only 103 decided to stick around for the job change period and recruiting cycle 2. Most of those, I suspect, were already there when this past season began.
1/7/2017 2:19 AM
That's a lot. Hopefully they stick good to their word that they are going to spend money on advertising... or this place is going to get rough very quickly.
1/7/2017 8:20 AM
Posted by rednu on 1/7/2017 2:20:00 AM (view original):

of the 345 D3 coaches that started the season, only 103 decided to stick around for the job change period and recruiting cycle 2. Most of those, I suspect, were already there when this past season began.
Not surprising. Most coaches take the free signup and then ghost ship.
1/7/2017 8:42 AM
They need to work on the game. The job logic is awful. Weber State went final four and won't qualify to anything good... he would be a hot coach right now and could land a solid prestige big six in reality.
1/7/2017 8:48 AM
Posted by jaymc2007 on 1/7/2017 8:20:00 AM (view original):
That's a lot. Hopefully they stick good to their word that they are going to spend money on advertising... or this place is going to get rough very quickly.
they dont even need to spend actual "money" just publicize on Fox in creative ways - I cant remember seeing anything...I'm sure there has been some minimal bit - but if they were trying I would be seeing it given where I go on Fox

if not, will go the way of the blackberry
1/7/2017 10:28 AM

This Wooden Group mostly consisted of existing/past WIS users who signed up for HD right at the late November deadline. That's when the free seasons WIS blasted out to everyone on their email list expired.

Free season recipients who were genuinely motivated to play HD probably signed up long before the deadline, and I assume those had a better retention rate than the "might as well use this credit" Wooden Group.

I'm guessing, of course.

1/7/2017 11:45 AM
Posted by zorzii on 1/7/2017 8:48:00 AM (view original):
They need to work on the game. The job logic is awful. Weber State went final four and won't qualify to anything good... he would be a hot coach right now and could land a solid prestige big six in reality.
+1 - I agree with this a lot.
1/7/2017 3:29 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 1/7/2017 11:45:00 AM (view original):

This Wooden Group mostly consisted of existing/past WIS users who signed up for HD right at the late November deadline. That's when the free seasons WIS blasted out to everyone on their email list expired.

Free season recipients who were genuinely motivated to play HD probably signed up long before the deadline, and I assume those had a better retention rate than the "might as well use this credit" Wooden Group.

I'm guessing, of course.

That was me and I stayed. I know I'm in the minority, but I want to let you guys know that there are a few of us that were not ghosts and are sticking around.
1/7/2017 3:49 PM
My NJAC conference lost 5 guys, after we had lost 8 guys from the update. Only 2 players remain(me and A_in_the_b) from the once dominant NJAC. One of the new guys that left had just had the 16th best team and made it to the 2nd round of the NT and another made the sweet sixteen...
1/7/2017 4:43 PM (edited)
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 1/7/2017 4:43:00 PM (view original):
My NJAC conference lost 5 guys, after we had lost 8 guys from the update. Only 2 players remain(me and A_in_the_b) from the once dominant NJAC. One of the new guys that left had just had the 16th best team and made it to the 2nd round of the NT and another made the sweet sixteen...
Don't understand why the 16th guy would leave. My conference mate in Rupp in the NJAC is leaving because he didn't understand the game and lost the conference champ game. I will have fun building this conference up to a major div 3 conference sometime soon.
1/7/2017 5:49 PM
To be fair, he didn't use any of his own players, so all he did to impact the game was set the lineup and game plan.
1/7/2017 10:36 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 1/7/2017 10:36:00 PM (view original):
To be fair, he didn't use any of his own players, so all he did to impact the game was set the lineup and game plan.
Which is a big part of the retention problem. If new players could play their own recruits, it might help with ownership. At least recruiting before the season starts would make reality hit them sooner.
1/7/2017 11:20 PM
Posted by dlw2711 on 1/7/2017 3:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 1/7/2017 11:45:00 AM (view original):

I'm guessing, of course.

That was me and I stayed. I know I'm in the minority, but I want to let you guys know that there are a few of us that were not ghosts and are sticking around.
I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the game, and I hope you continue to enjoy it for a long time.
1/8/2017 12:08 AM
Posted by slowtospeak on 1/7/2017 11:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 1/7/2017 10:36:00 PM (view original):
Which is a big part of the retention problem. If new players could play their own recruits, it might help with ownership. At least recruiting before the season starts would make reality hit them sooner.
That's how it used to be.
1/8/2017 1:25 AM
What does the rest of the world population look like in comparison to prior seasons?
1/8/2017 5:03 AM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.