Posted by slowtospeak on 1/7/2017 11:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 1/7/2017 10:36:00 PM (view original):
To be fair, he didn't use any of his own players, so all he did to impact the game was set the lineup and game plan.
Which is a big part of the retention problem. If new players could play their own recruits, it might help with ownership. At least recruiting before the season starts would make reality hit them sooner.
While I'd like this, I also understand why it's not necessarily the best idea. New players really don't know what they're doing. While not "new", I was away for a long time. Several veterans said "Yeah, your recruits are crap" from my first recruiting season. I think they're better than the crap I inherited from SIMMY but, either way, I didn't exactly set the world on fire with my recruits.
1/8/2017 8:17 AM
I think back to when I started - my first recruits were not great, but they were MINE and I enjoyed trying to make things work.

1/8/2017 11:13 AM
Posted by poncho0091 on 1/8/2017 5:03:00 AM (view original):
What does the rest of the world population look like in comparison to prior seasons?
D2 is currently off 15 from where it was the preceding season with some minor shifting still possible (5 D3 coaches, for instance, have moved up since I made the OP, so we're now at 98 in D3). I didn't think to grab D1 numbers last season because I was primarily interested/morbidly curious about what happened with the massive single-season influx of D3 coaches in that world, so I took note of D3 and D2 numbers last season. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Wooden is essentially back to exactly where it was 2 seasons ago when all is said and done.
1/8/2017 1:28 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 1/7/2017 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jaymc2007 on 1/7/2017 8:20:00 AM (view original):
That's a lot. Hopefully they stick good to their word that they are going to spend money on advertising... or this place is going to get rough very quickly.
they dont even need to spend actual "money" just publicize on Fox in creative ways - I cant remember seeing anything...I'm sure there has been some minimal bit - but if they were trying I would be seeing it given where I go on Fox

if not, will go the way of the blackberry
If it's going the way of the blackberry we still have a few more iterations of this before it self combusts... lol.

yeah they could use fox so much more it's unfortunate. I can't believe there isn't a single fox sports writer or tv person or something that wouldn't enjoy this game as well and want to champion it a bit.
1/8/2017 5:39 PM
I took advantage of the free season and I'm in my second season with no intent of quitting. I like D3 ( of course, I have no other experience) and find the scouting & recruiting challenging.
1/8/2017 6:00 PM
11 of us from HBD joined a conference with our freebie. 10 bought a 2nd season. In all likelihood, I expect a group of us to stick it out and move up together. I know some played many years ago. I'm not sure any of us had experience with 2.0. And maybe that's why we're not "this is terrible". Perhaps, if the constant complainers could view it as a new game and not a continuation of 2.0 HD, they might enjoy it as well.
1/8/2017 6:22 PM
Posted by zhawks on 1/8/2017 5:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fd343ny on 1/7/2017 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jaymc2007 on 1/7/2017 8:20:00 AM (view original):
That's a lot. Hopefully they stick good to their word that they are going to spend money on advertising... or this place is going to get rough very quickly.
they dont even need to spend actual "money" just publicize on Fox in creative ways - I cant remember seeing anything...I'm sure there has been some minimal bit - but if they were trying I would be seeing it given where I go on Fox

if not, will go the way of the blackberry
If it's going the way of the blackberry we still have a few more iterations of this before it self combusts... lol.

yeah they could use fox so much more it's unfortunate. I can't believe there isn't a single fox sports writer or tv person or something that wouldn't enjoy this game as well and want to champion it a bit.
I remember when FOX took it over, I thought it would be great as the game would get a bigger advertising platform. Alas, here we are and it just never happened. It feels more like FOX would rather cut their losses and dump it.
1/8/2017 6:37 PM
Do you think anyone who desires to play a BB sim has the ability to find this site?
1/8/2017 7:31 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/8/2017 7:31:00 PM (view original):
Do you think anyone who desires to play a BB sim has the ability to find this site?
Yes I found it about a year 1 month 18 days ago on the 22nd. I already knew about it played it before for one season. But I didn't have the funds needed to play each season I was in high school.
1/8/2017 7:51 PM
Yes and no. IF you decide you want to play a simulation game. IF you decide you want it to play a college basketball simulation game. IF you Google "College basketball simulation game," you get pages of sim games. Nothing stands out about this one.

So yes, anyone can find it. But there's also a bit of randomness and luck to finding this game.
1/8/2017 10:17 PM (edited)
I had no idea that I had the desire to play a sim like this until I stumbled on a random on line discussion by Bill Simmons that mentioned WIS - it intrigued me

No chance I would ever have gone looking for something like this game
1/8/2017 9:42 PM
All BS aside. Google "sim basketball". 1 and 2 on the list were www.whatifsports.com on my list.
1/8/2017 10:40 PM
of course if one is looking for SIM basketball one can find it. I think many potential customers are like I was - interested when they hear it exists in this form.

it would be silly to claim that one cant find WIS if one looks - but in most businesses the ability of a customer to find you isnt a reason to refrain from marketing.
1/8/2017 11:28 PM
If one was not looking for this sim basketball game in particular it would be completely random to stumble upon it. I searched "simulation basketball coaching games" and whatifsports was not even on the first 5 pages (before I decided to stop looking. The way this game is currently growing is by word of mouth and that is not going to cut it when people are leaving or have left at the rate they have, there are very few people left to spread the word. There needs to be some advertising strategy. I was thinking, it would be great if this could be turned into an app, then they would get more users by people simply searching for sports simulation games in the app store (of which there are like 5). That would require some work, but if accomplished I think it would greatly increase the amount of users. Although, I do not know how the whole "buy seasons" would work in an app.
1/8/2017 11:52 PM
I didn't find this site because I was looking for a sim. I actually played a lot of console sports sims, so I didn't need something new. I was actually having a discussion with someone about a theoretical score between some of the top teams in College Football history. I played around with the Sim matchup feature on the site and then saw GD which caught my interest. At the time GD was full, but I was really excited to play, and I found HD and signed up.

I'm sure this can be found, but sometimes bringing in new customers isn't about bringing in the ones who are already looking. As it's been said, this is a niche group. Sometimes you need to get the word out to people who aren't even thinking about you, but might have interest. I'm sure everyone knows how to find Mcdonalds, but they still advertise quite a bit.
1/9/2017 12:39 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.