I'm changing my defense from 4-3 to 3-4 but I noticed a difference in formation IQ as I haven't practiced it. I switched my minutes to 3-4 but with yalls experience switching it, is it a good idea? I'm not sure how big of an impact formation IQ can have but I know if I stick with my 4-3 defense I won't be able to compete affectively. Any tips would be great. I still have 2 preseason games left.
1/7/2017 3:49 AM
In a game with "equivalent" talent you will be at a small disadvantage. Given that, you may want to just use your 4-3 during those times. Or you can practice 3-4 without making any switch at all until next season (for example). Either way..you have to commit to the change at some point and just deal with it.
1/7/2017 9:10 AM
When I first took over a team I switched from Trips and Iform to a NDB and Iform... I was able to make the NC in my second season. I have also had experiences where those changes are excruciating and you nearly or do lose to sims. I think a lot depends on the level of talent already in place.
1/7/2017 9:13 AM
I agree though, if 3-4 if what you want to do. Like Harris said, you just have to deal with the change.
1/7/2017 9:14 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
It prob is best to play 4-3 for 1 season but practice both. Then in second season switch to 3-4 and stop practicing 4-3.
That being said, I have had excellent success switching to 3-4 and playing it in first season. Like another poster said , I believe quality of talent can overcome low form iq. Up to a point. I have made it to the NC but didn't win it.
One thing I am convinced of , It makes a Much Larger Difference switching to an Offensive formation and playing it in first season of practicing it than it does a Def one. Low form iq on offense and you throw lots of interceptions.
1/7/2017 12:55 PM
Posted by mojolad on 1/7/2017 12:55:00 PM (view original):
It prob is best to play 4-3 for 1 season but practice both. Then in second season switch to 3-4 and stop practicing 4-3.
That being said, I have had excellent success switching to 3-4 and playing it in first season. Like another poster said , I believe quality of talent can overcome low form iq. Up to a point. I have made it to the NC but didn't win it.
One thing I am convinced of , It makes a Much Larger Difference switching to an Offensive formation and playing it in first season of practicing it than it does a Def one. Low form iq on offense and you throw lots of interceptions.
mojo....only three things can happen when you throw the ball....and two of them are bad!!!!
1/7/2017 2:47 PM
I run the 4-3, and I think I'm competative.
1/8/2017 12:51 AM
Simple Math of Form IQ Scale (0-----50----100)
Player with "0" IQ is penalized -5%...... "50" IQ is even......."100" IQ is +5%.
Anything in between is relative.
1/8/2017 3:10 AM
For defense, that formula sounds about right.
But I have had offenses that were really good but if I used the formation I was practicing for the first time I would throw way more picks. Maybe it's just my perception but seems offense with low form iq are penalized worse than defense.
1/8/2017 3:54 AM
Mojo: It is the same for all players. The QB is just involved more, as in every pass play.
1/8/2017 3:23 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 1/7/2017 2:47:00 PM (view original):
mojo....only three things can happen when you throw the ball....and two of them are bad!!!!
And the other is "Win NCs"
1/9/2017 7:48 PM
Take it from the Great One, Gt_Deuce wins NC's. He is one of my all time fave opposition. You have to be at top of your game And be lucky to beat him.
1/10/2017 10:43 AM
Posted by gt_deuce on 1/9/2017 7:48:00 PM (view original):
This must be incorrect. I have thrown the ball at least three times and have yet to win a NC.
1/10/2017 1:43 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 1/10/2017 1:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gt_deuce on 1/9/2017 7:48:00 PM (view original):
This must be incorrect. I have thrown the ball at least three times and have yet to win a NC.
They're coming. Soon. All of them. All the NCs.
1/10/2017 5:09 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.