Holiday Tournament - League 08 (Done) Topic

alex rodrigoez
1/13/2017 7:03 AM
From which season?

"Once all 16 owners have selected three seasons to make up their roster, that will be 48 seasons gone. After that, there will be a Free-Agent draft for your 25th player. The remaining seasons (of your particular franchise) not selected AND the seasons that weren’t originally offered will become the Free Agent pool."
1/13/2017 7:04 AM
Okay, SOHIO4EVER goes with 2002 Miguel Tejada
1/13/2017 8:26 AM
Curious why he has to name the player now. Isn't it just the season that affects the drafting?
1/13/2017 9:05 AM
No - we get to pick 1 more player from all the remaining years. So the players in the same year are still available.
1/13/2017 9:15 AM
Suggestion-As leagues Fill and everything is done (Giants) send the teams to Thejuice6. Have WIS supply a temporary MLB # 117XXX.
This will allow verification- 16 at a time instead of near 300.
1/13/2017 9:28 AM
Other owners probably do not error but I do. The hardest is not the CAP but keeping the three choices between 25M-45M. 3 cheers for footnotes.
With a team in each league 1-14 and 2 in TIGERS, I'm glad not all leagues draft at same time.
1/13/2017 9:38 AM
1904 Rube Waddell
1/13/2017 10:01 AM
Posted by danidon on 1/13/2017 9:15:00 AM (view original):
No - we get to pick 1 more player from all the remaining years. So the players in the same year are still available.
Thank you for clarifying that. I misread the rules, clearly.
1/13/2017 11:22 AM
1989 RP Dennis Eckersley
1/13/2017 1:39 PM
Posted by sohio4ever on 1/13/2017 9:38:00 AM (view original):
Other owners probably do not error but I do. The hardest is not the CAP but keeping the three choices between 25M-45M. 3 cheers for footnotes.
With a team in each league 1-14 and 2 in TIGERS, I'm glad not all leagues draft at same time.
Make an Excel spreadsheet, set up each team you've drafted -- just position/name/salary -- with separate column groups for each year, so you can sum each group up to check for legality with ease.

I have, in fact, been confirming I can select a team legally, and am comfortable with my spending, before I draft it.
1/13/2017 2:21 PM
Posted by uncleal on 1/13/2017 2:21:00 PM (view original):
Make an Excel spreadsheet, set up each team you've drafted -- just position/name/salary -- with separate column groups for each year, so you can sum each group up to check for legality with ease.

I have, in fact, been confirming I can select a team legally, and am comfortable with my spending, before I draft it.
Another option, especially if you are allergic to Excel, is to put your roster in a sample team. After the 2nd round, just record your total salary and then delete the players from one of your drafted teams. Your remaining salary is the salary of one team, and that number subtracted from the original salary is the salary of the other team. One thing a few owners may have come across is that a limit of $45M may be only a theory. If you max out on one team and spend only the minimum for the others, you are left with $15M for your free agent, which is not enough for some players, like Ruth, Bonds, and some high IP pitchers. Should not be a problem for the A's, though.
1/13/2017 2:47 PM
How can I refuse to take the best hitting season in franchise history? Well, because I have absolutely no bullpen and I am scripted to lose every game that any of my RPs appear in. I have no choice but to select a P with high IP. Sadly, the best were already drafted in the first two rounds.

1980 Mike Norris
1/13/2017 2:52 PM
Posted by firesalt on 1/13/2017 2:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by uncleal on 1/13/2017 2:21:00 PM (view original):

Another option, especially if you are allergic to Excel, is to put your roster in a sample team. After the 2nd round, just record your total salary and then delete the players from one of your drafted teams. Your remaining salary is the salary of one team, and that number subtracted from the original salary is the salary of the other team. One thing a few owners may have come across is that a limit of $45M may be only a theory. If you max out on one team and spend only the minimum for the others, you are left with $15M for your free agent, which is not enough for some players, like Ruth, Bonds, and some high IP pitchers. Should not be a problem for the A's, though.
Doable, but then it's harder to manage if you need to make changes based on later group selections.
1/13/2017 3:02 PM
1908 Eddie Plank
1/13/2017 3:18 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Holiday Tournament - League 08 (Done) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.