team-building technology Topic

While building teams recently I have had to find ways of more efficiently perusing the player spreadsheets, and so I was wondering what technology people use to do so? Obviously you can look up stuff in the actual web ui thing, but to me that doesn't seem so practical. In many cases an encyclopedic knowledge of the players in the sim probably works (at least at higher-ish caps) but I imagine there are times where this falls short. So, when you go to the actual spreadsheets, what do you use? I can imagine that some people might be good at excel with pivot tables or macros or something (I don't know excel). And other people might use python or R or similar (I use R). And there are probably things I haven't thought of.

I think this is an interesting question also because the types of tools that you would use to interrogate internet baseball players may also be useful in other fields of life.
1/8/2017 6:34 PM
Using Python or R is probably, to my knowledge, the most precise way to get the exact team that you want.

I feel as though I'm probably in the minority here, but the WIS query tool works fine enough for me 99% of the time. I find it useful just because it takes no setup time.
1/8/2017 7:03 PM
I have no idea what's going on, lol I just wing it
1/8/2017 8:18 PM
Yeah I think the web ui thing is convenient in a lot of cases for easy stuff. But when I'm trying to decide which player to pick in 12x12 or something (or during the draft) it seems nice to have some external tools.

(obviously all the tools in the world don't help if your strategy is bad, which is often my problem...)
1/8/2017 8:42 PM
team-building technology Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.