Player Role Page Topic

I'm new to HD. How do you guys use the player role page?
1/9/2017 1:36 PM
I just use it in order to know who is the best option at each position. Just because a guy is PG on paper, it doesn't mean he'll be a better PG option than a SF for instance. Personally anything 50.0 and above at a position can usually constitute playing a guy at the position, at least in my opinion.
1/9/2017 2:07 PM
That's helpful, thanks, I was a little lost. Also, I didn't really have a good idea as to what was a "good" total at a position. My team is horrible.
1/9/2017 2:50 PM
I dont use the player roles. Tried them when first introduced and didnt find much help.

I would suggest looking at the skillz and ratings of teams that do well in your conference and in your world. Esp teams that run your schemes. Look at what their ratings are and develop your own sense of what it takes to be a good or okay player.

defer to others if some have found the roles useful.
1/9/2017 2:53 PM
I've always used 50.0 as my personal threshold. Maybe other guys are different, but it seems to help me out for depth charts. I also don't play with fatigue setting while most do, so again, my way may not be the right way.
1/9/2017 2:54 PM
I, personally, have never used them. Some players probably have found it useful; have their own system and hopefully a few more of them would be glad to help you out. I think once you get the hang of what you are looking for in each position, then player roles wont be necessary.
1/9/2017 3:20 PM
I've lobbied for years to get rid of player 'positions' attributes define where the player can play and will be best at... that position is very arbitrary.
1/9/2017 3:22 PM
I use it to set my depth chart. You can create your own player roles and weight each attribute to what is ideal to you at each position. I don't look at the final number, only how high or low a player is on the list. While I usually kind of know how I want my depth chart to look, I use the Player Roles as a checks and balances and also as a tie-breaker if I am having trouble deciding between two or three players.
1/9/2017 5:43 PM
I sometimes use it for depth chart when I'm having a tough time deciding between 2 players at a position. With that said, I've adjusted the values to my own preferences.
1/10/2017 2:14 AM
Player Role Page Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.