Whatever level you want to scout costs the same. I have 3 D3 teams and I got 121, 121, and 128 guys to level 4 (and I'm still tweaking my process I think I can get a few more). I think that's enough myself but that is certainly just an opinion. One suggestion is to only look at certain positions based on need for that recruiting session. In 2.0 people used to structure classes by size to maximize budget and carryover. In 3.0 I'd expect to see some coaches start to put together classes like Srs: 3 guards, Jrs: 3 bigs, Sophs: 4 guards, Fresh: 2 bigs, so that some positions can be ignored in scouting every season. Maybe some are already doing that and if so I'd be interested to hear thoughts on how it works.
1/10/2017 1:32 PM
I have six schollies. So I need lots of informations. I got plenty of recruits now, just need to find a way to get the crucial informations on potentials.
1/10/2017 1:35 PM
Or you could have scouted less to higher levels. Again, we make decisions. That's the game. None of us are shooting buzzer beaters to win the game.
1/10/2017 1:39 PM
It would be fun to have more informations to take more cautious décisions. How's that sound MIke? Décisions, but with more informations. Nothing really bad in this.
1/10/2017 2:01 PM
The decision was to determine how far out you'd scout, how many players you'd scout, which divisions you'd scout and at what level you would scout them. How 'bout we just see every recruit at Level 4 and forgo scouting? Nothing really bad in this, right?
1/10/2017 2:24 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/10/2017 9:21:00 AM (view original):
FWIW, this forum is populated with "D1 is too hard!!!! Do something to make it easier!!!!" threads. We don't need D3 joining the party.
The hypocrisy of this post is amazing. You quit the first time because DI was "too hard". DIII is not too hard, but you should at the very least have the funds to scout your local recruits. DIII should be all local. DII should be mostly local, but maybe you can spread out some. DI is where you should be willing to go more national.
1/11/2017 12:27 AM
Posted by wvufan76 on 1/10/2017 9:58:00 AM (view original):
I waste more money at D3 level Scouting Guys that I hope will drop to me, or in other words I have made my ownself short of funds. If I can admit it, then I would hope more of you could as well. D3 is supposed to be restricted and motivate you to advance. Just my two cents worth.
Why should I need to be motivated to advance if I enjoy DIII? WIS still makes the same money regardless of what division I play.
1/11/2017 12:28 AM
Posted by poncho0091 on 1/11/2017 12:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/10/2017 9:21:00 AM (view original):
FWIW, this forum is populated with "D1 is too hard!!!! Do something to make it easier!!!!" threads. We don't need D3 joining the party.
The hypocrisy of this post is amazing. You quit the first time because DI was "too hard". DIII is not too hard, but you should at the very least have the funds to scout your local recruits. DIII should be all local. DII should be mostly local, but maybe you can spread out some. DI is where you should be willing to go more national.
Incorrect. I was bored with HD because "cracking into the elite" wasn't a level playing field(I had 4 teams at one time and cut back to one). VaTech started the race 10 steps behind Duke/UNC. Then HBD came out and, being a baseball guy, I diverted my attention to it. But you know what I didn't do? Whine incessantly about the situation BEFORE and AFTER I left. I simply found something else to do.

My guess is we have the scouting money at D3 to scout EVERY D3 within 300-400 miles. That's not what the OP wants. He wants to scout D1 and D2. Well, you have to make decisions if you want to do that.
1/11/2017 7:06 AM
Posted by poncho0091 on 1/11/2017 12:28:00 AM (view original):
I waste more money at D3 level Scouting Guys that I hope will drop to me, or in other words I have made my ownself short of funds. If I can admit it, then I would hope more of you could as well. D3 is supposed to be restricted and motivate you to advance. Just my two cents worth.
Why should I need to be motivated to advance if I enjoy DIII? WIS still makes the same money regardless of what division I play.
So play D3 as it's designed. But, if you want more scouting money, move up.
1/11/2017 7:07 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/11/2017 7:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by poncho0091 on 1/11/2017 12:28:00 AM (view original):
So play D3 as it's designed. But, if you want more scouting money, move up.
And this is the argument for people who want to recruit D1 players at D3. If you want to recruit D1 players move up to D1.
1/11/2017 7:09 AM
I semi-agree. If you want to recruit D1 at D3, you have to make some sacrifices. You just don't have the same funds as D1 or D2. That's how the game works and that's how it should be. IF D3 were given more scouting $$$, D2 and D1 should get EVEN more, percentage-wise, and we're back where we started.
1/11/2017 7:12 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.