Rep hit for broken PT promise? Topic

I screwed up and promised a freshman 75% of plays when in reality he's gonna get something between 15% and 0%. (That was the only promise I made to him, no start.)

I know his WE is going to plummet, and I will take a gradual hit to my A+ rep over the course of the season. Any guesses how severe the total rep hit will be?
1/10/2017 12:08 PM
The only time I encountered this it dropped one... err... point? IE it went from an A to A-.
1/10/2017 6:00 PM
Posted by hookemhorns7 on 1/10/2017 6:00:00 PM (view original):
The only time I encountered this it dropped one... err... point? IE it went from an A to A-.
Thanks hookem. I expected it to be worse. If I only drop to A or even A- I'll count myself lucky.
1/10/2017 6:35 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 1/10/2017 12:09:00 PM (view original):
I screwed up and promised a freshman 75% of plays when in reality he's gonna get something between 15% and 0%. (That was the only promise I made to him, no start.)

I know his WE is going to plummet, and I will take a gradual hit to my A+ rep over the course of the season. Any guesses how severe the total rep hit will be?
You can always make it up to him by giving him what you promised and WE will go back up. If it's been a few games then I don't know. It's happened to me plenty, but I usually catch it after a game (2nd game of season) and adjust. They'll recoup almost all of what they lost. Good luck.
1/11/2017 1:24 AM
Posted by miami_jefe on 1/11/2017 1:24:00 AM (view original):

You can always make it up to him by giving him what you promised and WE will go back up. If it's been a few games then I don't know. It's happened to me plenty, but I usually catch it after a game (2nd game of season) and adjust. They'll recoup almost all of what they lost. Good luck.
I'm not asking about WE, and it's a given I'm breaking the promise.

1/11/2017 11:51 AM
Posted by kcsundevil on 1/10/2017 6:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hookemhorns7 on 1/10/2017 6:00:00 PM (view original):
Thanks hookem. I expected it to be worse. If I only drop to A or even A- I'll count myself lucky.
To close the loop: The player's WE cratered, as well all knew would happen, but my rep didn't visibly suffer at all. Still A+.

However, I did drop from Very Secure to Secure job status, despite improving my record (10-5 -> 12-3) and WIS ranking (49 -> 40). Last season I won a Day 1 bowl game, this season I lost a Day 2 bowl. I'm not worried about the drop at all, you can't get fired from a WAC job. But if broken promises impact job security, this is the first time I'm encountering it.
1/29/2017 4:35 PM
I don't think that had anything to do with your job security; rather, I think that your bowl loss is the culprit there.
1/29/2017 4:48 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 1/29/2017 4:48:00 PM (view original):
I don't think that had anything to do with your job security; rather, I think that your bowl loss is the culprit there.
That would be my #1 suspect too. My only pause is I have a lot of experience with losing bowl games in the WAC and that hasn't generally dinged my security.
1/29/2017 8:30 PM
I read earlier that bowl wins/losses didn't matter ? Only that you got there ?
1/29/2017 9:05 PM
Posted by soupyjoe on 1/29/2017 9:05:00 PM (view original):
I read earlier that bowl wins/losses didn't matter ? Only that you got there ?
No, bowl wins and losses do matter.

Example: This season in Leahy there were two coaches in jeopardy. One won a Day 2 bowl and improved to Little or No Jeopardy. The other lost a Day 3 bowl -- a better bowl game -- and got fired.
1/29/2017 9:09 PM

This happened to me in wilk this last season. Guy played like 2% of plays and I didn't take a rep hit at all... weird
1/30/2017 10:49 AM
Last season my rep went from an A - to a C +.........back up to a B Season 129
I think it was a little extreme, especially for a D-2 school!
1/30/2017 11:24 AM
Rep hit for broken PT promise? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.