Draft Scouting Question Topic

My first season playing this game and the prospect list for the amateur draft was published today so I am beginning my preparation. I have one key question.

I put 14mil into college scouting and 10mil into High School. How much would you downgrade the High School prospects, if at all, based on being scouted less accurately? Would you take the projected ratings for college players to be much more accurate? I have 8th pick and want to get off to a good start building so want to be as sure about this first pick as possible.
1/10/2017 6:07 PM
Your college scouting will be slightly more accurate than your high school scouting, but certainly far from a sure thing at $14m.

And even within college scouting, the older the player, the more accurate the numbers. So a 22 year old college prospect's numbers will be a little more accurate than a 19 year old's.
1/10/2017 6:15 PM
I should also add (for clarity) that I am inferring my comment about college scouting above from what WIS announced during the last update, last June. It seems like a logical inference based on how they worded what was being changed.
1/10/2017 6:18 PM
I've actually had better luck with $10 million in scouting than I had at $14 million. Get your scouting up to at least $16 million for each if you have the money to do it next season. You will have better luck with your picks. I would have no problem trusting $10 million. I personally think WIS makes $10 million decently accurate because that is their default and probably wouldn't want too many people **** ed off if they all had bad drafts.
1/11/2017 4:15 PM
$10 million makes me super super nervous when it comes to scouting.

First year they made the draft fuzzy I had $10 million and picked this dud 9th overall.

https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=7449501

Probably worth your time to boost it up to at least 16.
1/12/2017 8:43 AM
10m is luck. 14m is better. 16m is better yet.
1/12/2017 8:48 AM
Draft Scouting Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.