Sometimes Recruiting Works Right :) Topic

Team Coach Division Prestige Int Level Scholarship Offer?
West Virginia the0nlyis DI D+ Very High Yes
Wisconsin flyer497 DI A+ Very High Yes
Fordham Trentonjoe DI B High Yes
Penn dedelman DI B High Yes
Western Michigan kropduster DI B Moderate Yes

WV was leading almost all of RS1. Wisconsin jumped in RS2 and passed most of us.

I had 17 HV's,start, minutes and 500+ AP.

WV was maxed out with roughly 1200 AP but only 15 minutes.
1/11/2017 10:20 AM (edited)
How did the preferences line up?
1/11/2017 10:22 AM
Western Michigan was included because:

1. They were high at one point.
2. Kropduster is a great name.
1/11/2017 10:23 AM
Posted by jaxorbetter on 1/11/2017 10:22:00 AM (view original):
How did the preferences line up?
(wants to play) FORDHAM VG (25) WV VG (15)

(wants rebuild) FORDHAM (Bad) WV (Good)

(strong defense) FORDHAM (Good) WV (N)

(fastbreak) (FU and WV) Neutral

(zone) (FU and WV) Very Good
1/11/2017 10:27 AM
Thanks, TJ.
1/11/2017 10:28 AM
Can you show the player and did he sigh with you?
1/11/2017 12:45 PM
It looks like he was the Canadian recruit, signed with wisky
1/11/2017 12:54 PM
This looks like Wisconsin was just lying in the weeds since RS1 I'm guessing since they did not have anyone drafted in the most recent season (i.e. no EE but was likely had already put in appropriate AP probably in RS1 and not actually any HV/CVs and then decided to push in once their other late signer signed).

I'm surprised Burke (992 OVR) stayed for Wisconsin as he looks studly (it is luck like that which makes it difficult to compete for NC without risking EEs for elite players).
1/11/2017 1:27 PM (edited)
Yeah, that's pretty much what happened Bud. Which ,I believe, is what many people want to be able to do.
1/11/2017 1:37 PM
I am personally very interested to see how many HV's he had to use.
1/11/2017 1:44 PM
Wait a minute ... "Wisconsin jumped in RS2 and passed most of us." ... and signed the recruit.

After not starting on him until recruiting period 2.

That can't be. Thousands of forum posts have told us that can't be so. Are you disputing thousands of whines with an actual example? Whiners are always right -- just ask 'em.
1/11/2017 2:06 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 1/11/2017 2:06:00 PM (view original):
Wait a minute ... "Wisconsin jumped in RS2 and passed most of us." ... and signed the recruit.

After not starting on him until recruiting period 2.

That can't be. Thousands of forum posts have told us that can't be so. Are you disputing thousands of whines with an actual example? Whiners are always right -- just ask 'em.
No unless TJ talked to the Wisconsin's coach, you can't tell if a school has completely opened up all recruiting actions and is not even listed on the considering list and just looks like they started from scratch.

For my UCLA squad, I've been on a recruit during RS1 and have poured enough AP into him (but nothing else, not even a schollie offer) in RS1 that at the start of RS2, I can completely dump everything in. I do NOT appear on his considering list at this point so unless someone asks me, this is completely different than me having to start from 0 AP due to having an EE.

My guess is that Wisconsin did the exact same thing and was putting just AP in S1 (he had 3 openings and was recruiting 3.. maybe more since he might of expected EEs) and signed 1 in RS1, and had two which were late signers. He was then lucky enough to get ZERO EEs (lucky him) and once him primary late target signed (freeing up his remaining funds) he then was able to immediately dump his reserves into the said recruit (who he had been putting AP from sometime already in RS1).

1/11/2017 2:40 PM (edited)
If the considering list has more than ten schools, only ten show. The upper levels of interest are shown entirely, and after ten they are cut off (in alphabetical order).
1/11/2017 2:56 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 1/11/2017 2:56:00 PM (view original):
If the considering list has more than ten schools, only ten show. The upper levels of interest are shown entirely, and after ten they are cut off (in alphabetical order).
Well then that's good to know and gives an advantage to schools like mine "UCLA" and "Wisconsin" to lie in the weeds on some recruits over others like "Arizona" and "Duke" who might just show up then.
1/11/2017 3:03 PM
Well, yeah, if you can make a case for remaining Very Low for a longer time, I guess that's one way of looking at it. On the recruits I've seen it was only Very Lows who were cut off.
1/11/2017 3:43 PM
12 Next ▸
Sometimes Recruiting Works Right :) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.