Attention Points Strategy Topic

I have returned to the game and this will be my first go round with the new attention point system. I was wondering on a D2 level how you divide up the attention points. I have 3 openings and my theories were in the range of 35-25-20 or 40-20-20. Is this wrong ? Should I lower them and spread them around to backup options? I do not feel I will have a wealth of competition on my targets and my preferences are solid. Only 1 bad across all 3 recruits. Any help here?
1/11/2017 1:39 PM
Posted by bagger288 on 1/11/2017 1:39:00 PM (view original):
I have returned to the game and this will be my first go round with the new attention point system. I was wondering on a D2 level how you divide up the attention points. I have 3 openings and my theories were in the range of 35-25-20 or 40-20-20. Is this wrong ? Should I lower them and spread them around to backup options? I do not feel I will have a wealth of competition on my targets and my preferences are solid. Only 1 bad across all 3 recruits. Any help here?
20 or 10's across the board on main prospects, and backup prospects.
1/11/2017 1:41 PM
I would do 40-20-20 and then do the maths to see how many more are needed to unlock a scholarship for each and adjust.
1/11/2017 1:46 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 1/11/2017 1:46:00 PM (view original):
I would do 40-20-20 and then do the maths to see how many more are needed to unlock a scholarship for each and adjust.
So if I'm catching on right I unlock scholarship and lower a little? I am not being ambitious in recruits this season as it is my first go round and don't want to screw myself. This is why I don't feel my competition will be overwhelmingly high and I feel I have a good shot at all 3. Signing preferences are Early/End of signing period 1/ and late. So I figure if I went hard after the guy on early and then made sure I lock up the end of signing period 1 over time I would be in a good spot for the late guy.
1/11/2017 1:50 PM
Try a little experimentation over a couple of seasons and you will have a strategy of your own. That's part of the beauty of 3.0.
1/11/2017 2:08 PM
I like to throw a significant amount of points to my first (or if I have enough openings, my first two) choices and then lesser amounts to others (40/30/20/10 or 50/30/10/10 for four openings maybe). Once the first cycle runs, you can see where you stand vs. other Sim's and humans. You can also calculate how many points you need to give to which targets on the second cycle in order to unlock their scholarship offers -- my goal in the second session is to get there with as many of my targets as possible so I can offer scholarships immediately. Once the scholarship is offered, I might dial it back for a cycle to throw more AP's at the players that I need to jockey for position on and/or to allow me to throw a large number at a backup option if I've had to veer off a primary. The scholarship alone is usually enough to unlock things like promises and HV's, sometimes even CV's so you can afford that cycle to shift stuff around a bit.

1/11/2017 2:39 PM
Posted by rednu on 1/11/2017 2:39:00 PM (view original):
I like to throw a significant amount of points to my first (or if I have enough openings, my first two) choices and then lesser amounts to others (40/30/20/10 or 50/30/10/10 for four openings maybe). Once the first cycle runs, you can see where you stand vs. other Sim's and humans. You can also calculate how many points you need to give to which targets on the second cycle in order to unlock their scholarship offers -- my goal in the second session is to get there with as many of my targets as possible so I can offer scholarships immediately. Once the scholarship is offered, I might dial it back for a cycle to throw more AP's at the players that I need to jockey for position on and/or to allow me to throw a large number at a backup option if I've had to veer off a primary. The scholarship alone is usually enough to unlock things like promises and HV's, sometimes even CV's so you can afford that cycle to shift stuff around a bit.

makes sense, almost along the line of what I was doing just not as spread. I definitely feel I can lock up these recruits fairly quickly besides the late signing preference. Thanks everyone for the input!
1/11/2017 2:47 PM
I don't mind putting 1 or 2 AP points on multiple backup prospects for the very first cycle. First, it gives you multiple backup plans and you'll be surprised at some prospects having nobody on them. You can still put decent AP points on your main Targets.

And from what I can tell, being a little behind on AP points isn't like being behind in the old system.

You'll still have a chance on your main Targets.

And one thing I've noticed the most about this Forum concerning 3.0. People put too many of their plans depending on getting that one or two player they had to have, instead of looking for backup plans earlier in the process.

1/11/2017 3:13 PM (edited)
Attention Points Strategy Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.