Vultures everywhere! Topic

To me the worst part and possibly the most fulfilling part in hd right now is recruiting D1 labeled* players at D3. Waiting until the last 24 hours is gut wrenching but completely understandable. It never fails that 2 cycles before the last 24 hours of recruiting the schools that I can't hold a candle to start circling. They see the dead recruit on the hot blacktop. Dead because he will be heading to a school in a division below his talent level. So I watch as the recruits I have been on since session one, cycle one get picked off one by one. Rightfully so I might add. Most of the time. Sometimes the recruit has no business going to an A- or A prestige school. These are the vultures I speak of. ;)......good times

*Some recruits labeled as D1 have no business trying to play in D1 with any success. imo.
1/11/2017 5:08 PM
lol; I'll consider myself lucky I guess.
1/11/2017 5:27 PM
Also, you have great Freshman for D3, consider yourself lucky that you got them.
1/11/2017 5:30 PM
Posted by beachhouse on 1/11/2017 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Also, you have great Freshman for D3, consider yourself lucky that you got them.
Hence the most fulfilling part. Piedmont has done well. Most of those players were backups though. There are no hard feelings. I completely understand the logic. Vultures just kind of came to me one day in a mantra i used before I logged in after latest recruiting cycle. "Please no vultures, please no vultures"...:)
1/11/2017 5:34 PM
Vultures everywhere! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.