So I guessed they changed it? Topic

Thinking about it, there should be some consistency in Dynasty games but that's for another day.

But, beyond that, it seems like the solution would be for the recruit to remove schools from his "considering" list. You don't see kids with 14 hats in front of them on signing day. Maybe 3. Perhaps, as he gets closer to signing(and has a VH), he cuts loose the VL and L. Tells them "Tough ****. You didn't love me enough." Then, the next cycle, drops the moderates. That way, a cycle or two before signing, he only has VH and H.

Would certainly prevent pouching.

That said, I'm sure some D1 user will tell me I'm a moron, that's a stupid idea and I should keep my n00b *** out of their D1 problems because I didn't take the Advanced HD classes in college.
1/13/2017 9:10 AM
I never heard that WIS was designing the game to prevent poaching. In the first iteration in Beta, poaching was a 1,000 times worse than before. We had to convince seble that they way he had it designed (with instant feedback), everyone would just send AP to a recruit with an "early" signing preference until 10 minutes before the signing period started, then dump in effort with instantaneous changes to the considering list.

I don't think the concern is limited to D1. If you miss period #1, or moved to a new team, or had to start battling late after losing the RNG on a recruit in period #2, then that system of eliminating schools from the considering list would make it even harder than it already is to sign anyone. That said...yeah, the considering list can get cluttered with too many VL. They could contract that list, but this whole argument sounds like folks that are motivated towards battle avoidance.

The funny thing is you now have forum posts advertising the ACC. Imagine how recruiting would function if the BCS conferences weren't continuing to empty.
1/13/2017 10:43 AM
I tend to agree with what you're saying but there are 30ish posts that see this as a problem. I was just presenting something that would prevent a non-listed school from taking a recruit. I play HBD where I have no idea who, if any, are bidding on the FA I want. I'm good with it. And I don't really see the problem here but, in the name of "realism", kids to remove schools from their "considering" list. 3 hats on the table not 14.

The ACC will fill up. Give it time. Several long-time, multi-team owners left.
1/13/2017 10:55 AM
I just submitted a ticket regarding listing teams who have offered a scholarship first rather than SIMS at Very Low with no scholarship.
1/13/2017 2:10 PM
Posted by pallas on 1/13/2017 2:10:00 PM (view original):
I just submitted a ticket regarding listing teams who have offered a scholarship first rather than SIMS at Very Low with no scholarship.
show them all, but rank them this way
1/13/2017 4:34 PM
Posted by metsmax on 1/13/2017 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pallas on 1/13/2017 2:10:00 PM (view original):
show them all, but rank them this way
Yeah, that's what I meant to say.
1/13/2017 4:45 PM
◂ Prev 123
So I guessed they changed it? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.