I saw this was asked in the last Dev Chat (and promptly dodged with a political-esque smoothness) but does anyone have any insight or even just loose feeling/opinion about if Pitch # matters and if so how much? Or is it just the pitch ratings and the numbers have no impact on results?

To be clear, are the following 4 pitch offerings equal or is one better/worse than the rest:

Pitches 1-2-3-4
Player 1: 90 - 80 - 70 - 60
Player 2: 70 - 80 - 60 - 90
Player 3: 80 - 70 - 90 - 60
Player 4: 60 - 90 - 80 - 70

Also, would a 90+ PC rating from my catcher impact players 2/4 more than player 1? Does PC re-order pitches correctly or simply give a general boost to the pitcher?

Would it change the evaluation if these guys all decided to keep a ~35 5th pitch? (which HBD pitchers seem to love)
1/12/2017 12:54 PM
We've been told in the past that P1-P2-P3-P4-P5 order matters. Just how much, nobody (other than the developers) knows. But P1 has the most impact and P5 has the least.

In your example above, in order of best to worst: Player 1, Player 3, Player 2, Player 4.

Catcher's PC is a modifier. It would affect each pitcher the same.

I forget exactly where the cutoff is for when a pitch is a help or a hindrance. I thought it was around 30. There are rare instances in which a pitcher's current OVR rating is slightly greater than his projected OVR rating, and in all those cases it's because he has dropped (from his current ratings) a low rated P5 (which still shows up as projected P5).
1/12/2017 1:26 PM
At one time, I was positive less than 30 was bad for P5, 40 for P4. Then I ran across an example that contradicted it, a P5-32. But I still use the 40/30 as it was only one example.
1/12/2017 1:49 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.