When potential turns red Topic

Do you have to still allocate a certain amount of practice minutes to that category to prevent it from dropping?

Do the same rules apply to free throws? (e.g., when it turns red, can you drop practice time to 0 without the rating decreasing afterward?)
1/13/2017 11:08 AM
And if a category starts out red, can you allocate 0 practice time to it without it dropping?
1/13/2017 11:09 AM
I do it and usually lose 1 point over a season, if that. It's worth it IMHO.
1/13/2017 11:44 AM
Depends on PT & WE. At the moment it turns red, that means 3 points of potential remain (or 2.9999...same thing). If you move it to zero, then there will be a drop, but it may not register as an integer drop on the display. You can test it and watch to see how long it takes for red to turn back to orange. With high WE & PT, it might not budge.
1/13/2017 11:46 AM
as a category approaches maxing out, it takes significant practice time to improve. Likewise it appears to also drop slowly as well.

Is it safe to put 0 minutes into a category and not see it drop? No, a rating will decrease with 0 practice minutes. But it will drop very slowly if already in red. Maybe to a degree that you wouldn't see a point lost in the category. ie.. it may drop around 1/2 point. So if the decimal rating is 10.3 and it drops to 9.8, the whole number rating stays at 10. If it begins at 9.8 and drops to 9.3, then you will see the category drop from a 10 rating to a 9.

If you have another category that still shows room for improvement, moving the practice minutes to that category will probably gain more than the red rating will lose.
1/13/2017 11:51 AM
While I generally agree with oldwarrior, one nitpicky thing is that I'm fairly certain ratings in this game are displayed truncated rather than rounded, so a drop from 10.3 to 9.8 would be noticeable, while the 9.8 to 9.3 would not.
1/13/2017 2:16 PM
To me it depends on how much more potential your other categories have. If most everything else is yellow, or he's maxed out on his core values, I keep some pts in that red category.

But if he has multiple Green and Blue categories. Zero it out. And use those extra points to max out those categories quicker. Who gives a flip about 3 points.

1/13/2017 2:44 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 1/13/2017 11:44:00 AM (view original):
I do it and usually lose 1 point over a season, if that. It's worth it IMHO.
This. If it's an important attribute for that player, I might keep a few points on it.
1/13/2017 2:46 PM
When potential turns red Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.