Setting Recruit AP Early Topic

Hello, I wasn't sure how to make a suggestion or where to do so.

What do you all think of being able to set AP on recruits before the first recruiting period? Now, it wouldn't cycle or count until 5pm on the first recruiting day as it is right now, but you would be able to setup how you want to distribute your initial AP on recruits prior to 8am when recruiting opens up.

Ive been lucky enough to be free on days when recruiting opens up, but i just figured something like this would be helpful for other users with little drawbacks.

Any feedback from the community? Wasn't sure if this was ever discussed. Thanks!
1/13/2017 12:06 PM
For the first several years of HD the first cycle was 2 hours. Any recruiting actions needed to be input between 600 and 800 pm ET.

Many people - including me - long urged WIS to extend the period in which first cycle actions could be input

What we have now reflects the long hoped for response to those requests.

Longer would be fine - so long as it doesnt distrupt other schedules - but we have come a long way in this regard very recently
1/13/2017 12:39 PM
Oh yeah. For many yrs with HD2.0 most thought this would be a good idea.
1/13/2017 12:39 PM
Two hours is a quick turnaround, the current 8am-5pm (eastern) and every six hours is a decent time for me.

But I guess what Im suggesting is to set the AP as soon as scouting is available. Nothing will just be processed until 5pm on the same day that it is currently. It just eliminates the 8am threshold.

Thanks for the responses so far !
1/13/2017 1:06 PM
Many assumed they would implement that concept with 3.0, but the update further confirmed they weren't listening.
1/13/2017 5:59 PM
There is logic, albeit weak, for not allowing it. It's akin to setting budgets in HBD. And that's been rehashed for 10 years.
1/13/2017 6:07 PM
I agree, I'm going on a trip this weekend where I won't be able to use my phone, I may or may not be able to get that first cycle in on Sunday.
1/14/2017 12:53 AM
Posted by poncho0091 on 1/13/2017 5:59:00 PM (view original):
Many assumed they would implement that concept with 3.0, but the update further confirmed they weren't listening.
they did listen to the extent of widening the window a lot
1/14/2017 5:24 AM
+1
1/14/2017 10:21 AM
Setting Recruit AP Early Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.