Crazy Trade Proposals Topic

Since they seem to be everywhere else on the internet, it seems they should be here too.
1/14/2017 3:00 PM
I'll start with this one:
Lakers get Jusuf Nurkic
OKC gets Lou Williams
Denver gets Cameron Payne and Josh Huestis

Lakers trade Williams to clear PT in their crowded BC and get a young potential rim-protector.
OKC trades two young guys with potential for a much needed scorer with 3-point range. (They also use their trade exception.)
Denver trades one young guy who they've deemed a BU for two young guys with potential to be starters.
1/14/2017 3:20 PM
Phil Jackson is doing Phil Jackson things and running Melo out of town right now. I think there's a high possibility Melo waves his trade clause thinking it's his choice when in reality Phil has been planning it this way for quite some time.
LAC seems like the most likely place for him but there's also
Chicago
Dallas
Cleveland
Brooklyn(who could also try and bring in Rondo from Chicago)
1/16/2017 7:29 PM
Rondo and Melo on the Nets? At least it might be entertaining to watch!
1/17/2017 2:12 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 1/17/2017 2:12:00 PM (view original):
Rondo and Melo on the Nets? At least it might be entertaining to watch!
I'd pity the rest of that team.
1/17/2017 3:37 PM
Nothing anyone could have come up with would have been as crazy as what the Kings did. Gave-up a Top 10 player for a handful of beans and a ton of cap space ('cause FAs always flock to a team constantly threatening to move).

Now that NOLA has a FC logjam and a BC shortage, and are looking to win now, maybe they get Lou from LA. Jones and a pick maybe?

What other "reasonable" moves would you like to see?
2/20/2017 2:08 PM
why would the Lakers want another PF? (Randle, Nance jr., Black, even Deng is better off there - they have that position covered)
and what pick? 2019? the hornicans just traded away their 2017 pick - I would think the Lakers want back into this draft not have to wait - and now w Boogie the Pelicans are capped so just the salary offset is going to require more than Jones and it probably all needs to be expiring

Lou is more likely to wind up on the Wizards for a 2017 1st rounder and filler that will come off the books this summer (like Burke)
2/20/2017 3:38 PM (edited)
Swaggy is likely to get moved too
2/20/2017 3:39 PM
Posted by copernicus on 2/20/2017 3:38:00 PM (view original):
why would the Lakers want another PF? (Randle, Nance jr., Black, even Deng is better off there - they have that position covered)
and what pick? 2019? the hornicans just traded away their 2017 pick - I would think the Lakers want back into this draft not have to wait - and now w Boogie the Pelicans are capped so just the salary offset is going to require more than Jones and it probably all needs to be expiring

Lou is more likely to wind up on the Wizards for a 2017 1st rounder and filler that will come off the books this summer (like Burke)
Agree that Washington is still the leader, but since nothing's happened, there's no reason not to explore other things. It's still very possible that either through bad play or the Lottery, the Lakers keep this season's pick and have none at all next season. (Since they've traded their '18 2nd too.) With an early 2nd round pick this draft, maybe a 1st next draft is more appealing than 2 picks close together this draft. Take another year to "look and see". Salaries or a 3rd team would need added, but I'd gamble on Jones before any late 1st rounder, and certainly before Black. Comparing him to Deng at this point is silly. Maybe add Deng and one of NOLA's spare bigs to make salaries work.
2/20/2017 4:17 PM
Posted by copernicus on 2/20/2017 3:39:00 PM (view original):
Maybe, but I'm guessing teams aren't offering much, given this is the first season Swaggy's really been this good. If a lower 2nd or cap is all they can get, I'd rather keep him and hopefully get more next season at this point.
2/20/2017 4:20 PM
Posted by all3 on 2/20/2017 4:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 2/20/2017 3:38:00 PM (view original):

Agree that Washington is still the leader, but since nothing's happened, there's no reason not to explore other things. It's still very possible that either through bad play or the Lottery, the Lakers keep this season's pick and have none at all next season. (Since they've traded their '18 2nd too.) With an early 2nd round pick this draft, maybe a 1st next draft is more appealing than 2 picks close together this draft. Take another year to "look and see". Salaries or a 3rd team would need added, but I'd gamble on Jones before any late 1st rounder, and certainly before Black. Comparing him to Deng at this point is silly. Maybe add Deng and one of NOLA's spare bigs to make salaries work.
Terence Jones is no better and probably worse than the 1st two guys on their depth list at the position and also older + I believe that there's a clause in the current CBA that prohibits trading successive firsts so I'm not sure which season's draft we'd be getting from them - however if that's wrong and they could get out from under Deng's contract it's worth considering
2/20/2017 5:52 PM
Posted by all3 on 2/20/2017 4:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 2/20/2017 3:39:00 PM (view original):
Maybe, but I'm guessing teams aren't offering much, given this is the first season Swaggy's really been this good. If a lower 2nd or cap is all they can get, I'd rather keep him and hopefully get more next season at this point.
he has an opt out so wont be a Laker after this season, so yeah get a 'kick the can down the street' pick for him while you can
2/20/2017 5:53 PM
Pelicans and Sixer's are next dynasties
2/20/2017 10:14 PM
Melo to Boston?
2/20/2017 10:15 PM
I don't think Melo is going anywhere...at least not now.
2/20/2017 11:51 PM
123 Next ▸
Crazy Trade Proposals Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.