Crazy Trade Proposals Topic

Posted by Coach_Nate on 2/20/2017 10:14:00 PM (view original):
Pelicans and Sixer's are next dynasties
um, no. Davis is great and I think Cousins is better in a #2 role than a guy who has to carry a team, but the rest of their roster sucks. You'd think the Sixers would be great with all their lottery picks, but they'll find a way to screw it up.
2/20/2017 11:53 PM
Posted by copernicus on 2/20/2017 5:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 2/20/2017 4:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 2/20/2017 3:39:00 PM (view original):
Swaggy is likely to get moved too
Maybe, but I'm guessing teams aren't offering much, given this is the first season Swaggy's really been this good. If a lower 2nd or cap is all they can get, I'd rather keep him and hopefully get more next season at this point.
he has an opt out so wont be a Laker after this season, so yeah get a 'kick the can down the street' pick for him while you can
He's also made it clear he loves LA and plans on staying if he's not dealt. Given his new attitude, that still may be more of a win-win than dealing him.
2/21/2017 9:37 AM
Never heard the term win-win anywhere closely assigned to Nick Young
2/21/2017 9:41 AM
Posted by all3 on 2/21/2017 9:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 2/20/2017 5:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 2/20/2017 4:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 2/20/2017 3:39:00 PM (view original):
Swaggy is likely to get moved too
Maybe, but I'm guessing teams aren't offering much, given this is the first season Swaggy's really been this good. If a lower 2nd or cap is all they can get, I'd rather keep him and hopefully get more next season at this point.
he has an opt out so wont be a Laker after this season, so yeah get a 'kick the can down the street' pick for him while you can
He's also made it clear he loves LA and plans on staying if he's not dealt. Given his new attitude, that still may be more of a win-win than dealing him.
he's 'only' making 5m next season - I would be very surprised if he cant do better than that under the new math of the current CBA
2/21/2017 11:13 AM
Obviously our opinions on Young are as far apart as our opinions on Jones' ability.
With Magic now named President and a new GM coming soon, I hope that doesn't derail or slow any dealings.
2/21/2017 1:43 PM
the timing is weird though what with the trade deadline so close and conversations ongoing

re Young I encourage you to survey current salaries for similar players - it's like 7-10 per annum plus, one assumes multi year offers will be available to him - so do I assume he could land a two year for a total 12-15m over the length of the contract? yeah
2/21/2017 2:49 PM
Posted by copernicus on 2/21/2017 2:49:00 PM (view original):
the timing is weird though what with the trade deadline so close and conversations ongoing

re Young I encourage you to survey current salaries for similar players - it's like 7-10 per annum plus, one assumes multi year offers will be available to him - so do I assume he could land a two year for a total 12-15m over the length of the contract? yeah
Or may he want to prove this season isn't a fluke and go for bigger bucks while staying in a place and situation he appears to enjoy.
2/21/2017 5:03 PM
Corey Brewer is making 7m this season and next (dammit) - I think Young can get more than that this summer
2/21/2017 9:32 PM
Posted by copernicus on 2/21/2017 9:32:00 PM (view original):
Corey Brewer is making 7m this season and next (dammit) - I think Young can get more than that this summer
You're obviously missing the point. Think bigger picture, for both sides.
Maybe Young stays on his current contract and "proves it" next season (good for Lakers), maybe he and the Lakers renegotiate next season (good for both sides), maybe they negotiate a longer deal (good for Young). Time will tell.
I just don't see trading him as a given. Russell and Clarkson aren't going anywhere, but who else do you want playing in the BC? Ingram? Not for me - keep him at SF and get him comfortable. Why not keep Young to play those minutes? Even if you end-up moving Ingram, or drafting a BC player, isn't Young the type of guy every NBA team wants handy on the bench? Isn't that worth more than what they may get with a late 2nd round pick?
2/22/2017 10:07 AM
Young is 31 and isn't going to prove anything more to anyone than he already has - if he can cash in on a multi-year deal at going market rates this summer he will

also you're acting like the Lakers are going to be any good any time soon and they shouldn't want to - they're tanking in hopes of keeping their pick(s)
2/22/2017 3:08 PM
I think somebody forgot to tell them they're tanking and not "going to be good any time soon", since they're apparently making efforts to get Paul George. I don't like that idea, but it certainly shows you shouldn't be making certain assumptions.
2/22/2017 4:21 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/20/2017 11:53:00 PM (view original):
um, no. Davis is great and I think Cousins is better in a #2 role than a guy who has to carry a team, but the rest of their roster sucks. You'd think the Sixers would be great with all their lottery picks, but they'll find a way to screw it up.
why do you assume the sixers will screw it up?

wishful thinking maybe?

2/22/2017 5:15 PM
Posted by copernicus on 2/22/2017 3:08:00 PM (view original):
Young is 31 and isn't going to prove anything more to anyone than he already has - if he can cash in on a multi-year deal at going market rates this summer he will

also you're acting like the Lakers are going to be any good any time soon and they shouldn't want to - they're tanking in hopes of keeping their pick(s)
shhhhhh...quiet you

lakers need to keep swaggy p so he can lead them to few more wins
2/22/2017 5:18 PM
Posted by dh555 on 2/22/2017 5:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 2/20/2017 11:53:00 PM (view original):
why do you assume the sixers will screw it up?

wishful thinking maybe?

No. Why would you think I'd wish the Sixers screw it up? I was born in Philadelphia. I just think they will because the usually do screw things up.
2/23/2017 1:13 PM
wishful thinking as in your a fan of another team and wish the sixers screw it up so you dont have to deal with the embiid/simmons dynasty thats about to happen

but it seems like your actually a philly fan yourself and just want to be negative about it...i bet you listen to cataldi on the way to work
2/23/2017 3:19 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Crazy Trade Proposals Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.