Developers: Another item fallen by the wayside? Topic

During the tail end of 3.0 Beta, management/development made some efforts to change quite a few of the school names in the game to better reflect the actual institution name. For instance, Rhode Island in D3 was changed to Rhode Island College in order to differentiate between the larger University of Rhode Island. They indicated that more changes would be forthcoming...such as always using the word "State" instead of "St."...yet there has been no action since then. I would love to hear from a staff member about future plans.
Also, if you are a Coach whose school name really should be amended, please feel free to post the info in order to keep this topic active.
Finally, I understand that there are more important issues in HD (like EEs) right now, but it can't hurt to keep other topics/developments up-to-date.
1/15/2017 11:34 AM
Hey bffl,
Yes, they did a perfect job, but limited it for now at Division-1.
They are open to make lower division changes, and I've noticed that they're chipping away at the names... like "Virginia State" was changed, among others.

I started a revised full school name list for Div 2 and Div 3, but haven't finished it yet. I'm not as familiar with the schools... like Stanislaus State should be the name, but is it Cal State L.A., or Cal State Los Angeles?

Maybe I'll finish the list this weekend. Send me a site mail and we can maybe work on it together to double check things.
1/15/2017 1:02 PM
Thanks. I don't know if you have any involvement with Gridiron Dynasty...
My team seems to be listed as "Fitchburg St." everywhere within the GD game but it is reported as "Fitchburg State" on the My Locker page which I thought was somewhat strange.
1/15/2017 2:08 PM
In DII Lone Star Conference East Central University is called E. Central
1/15/2017 8:24 PM
Developers: Another item fallen by the wayside? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.