1990-2016 draft MIGHT-NEED 1 REPLACEMENT Topic

I'll give this a try. Like GZ, I've never used the draft utility before. Once the commissioner chooses this are we all automatically in or do the individual owners have to manually enter this, as well?
2/12/2017 10:53 AM
There will be a link to follow that will add you to the draft. All the commish needs to do is post the link.
2/12/2017 9:40 PM
Posted by bigfatjew on 2/11/2017 1:17:00 PM (view original):
The only disadvantage I notice in the draft utility is that you can only draft one round per day. I do like that the utility takes the players out of the database pool as you draft. It also allows you to put players in your queue.
This isn't true, you set the start time and finish time each day and also set how long an owner has to pick (pick window) before he gets skipped. Hypothetically if you decide to draft from 9 am to 10 pm and set the window to 20 min ("scheduled draft" not "forced time limit") there would be 39 picks each day. You also can set it to allow owners to pick 2 guys per round once you hit a certain round. Example : owners could pick 1 player for the first 13 rounds then once round 14 starts owners start picking 2 players per round for 6 rounds. It shortens the amount of days the draft takes by a couple days usually. The only down side I see in this is your draft times change each day but you'll know at the start of the draft exactly what time(s) each day you need to make picks. I usually set alarms on my phone each night so I'll remember to get online and make my picks.

Also players can be queued but from what I remember this doesn't mean once your turn comes around the "engine" automatically picks the player(s) for you. You still have to go in and click the players name and hit the "draft" button to select them. Does anyone know if this is correct? (It's been a while). It does make for quicker picks if you're at work or busy. But you might have 10 players in the queue in the morning and then get online later and they're all gone!! That usually puts a damper on my day!!

The reason I'm a huge fan of the utility is for the exact reason you've stated, the players already chosen are taken out of the pool for you so you can quickly go in and select guys without really paying attention to who the other 23 owners are picking. Which makes the short (if chosen) "Windows" for selecting players feasible. Also if you miss your time you can pick at any time after that time when you have the chance to get online, so if you miss your time you're not severely penalized.
2/13/2017 12:48 AM (edited)
You're correct, Duece. The engine just lets you queue them up, but it won't auto draft for you.

I just meant that the option of drafting off the clock isn't available like it is when we draft without the utility.
2/13/2017 10:44 AM (edited)
True, from what I remember if the windows are small its rare to even get a chance to get ahead, especially if everyone knows when they can pick and only checks in at those times. I do like how amerk does his where each night you can keep picking until you run into some one who has gone to bed. I don't mind either way...I just really like "exclusive" drafts, it creates a closer connection with your team and players.
2/13/2017 12:30 PM
Posted by duece_duece on 2/13/2017 12:30:00 PM (view original):
True, from what I remember if the windows are small its rare to even get a chance to get ahead, especially if everyone knows when they can pick and only checks in at those times. I do like how amerk does his where each night you can keep picking until you run into some one who has gone to bed. I don't mind either way...I just really like "exclusive" drafts, it creates a closer connection with your team and players.
Seconded. I think I like drafting teams a lot more than building them from scratch.
2/13/2017 1:53 PM
Just 2 more and then we can get rolling ASAP
2/14/2017 12:28 PM
Bump! Let's go we need 2 more owners!
2/16/2017 1:45 PM
I'm in
2/16/2017 9:56 PM
ok I am in ,,,thanks
2/16/2017 10:16 PM
Welcome gentlemen. We are full.
2/17/2017 5:18 AM
You should've all received invitations to the league via the draft tool by now, but I've never used the draft tool before so please let me know one way or another
2/17/2017 10:42 AM
I have not received a link.
2/17/2017 10:59 AM
I have not received an invitation that I know of. Should I be looking in sitemail? Or e-mail? Or in this forum?
2/17/2017 11:58 AM
I sitemailed the league number to everyone as well so keep an eye out
2/17/2017 12:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
1990-2016 draft MIGHT-NEED 1 REPLACEMENT Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.