TE and FB blocking?? Topic

Just wondering if keeping the TE and FB in to block all the time helps in the run game and/or passing protection?? (Please see the 3rd post for what I'm really trying to ask) :)

it would make sense that it would but not sure if anyone has noticed a big difference??

I'm still trying to figure out the best offensive (pro set) and defensive (3-4 and nickel) formations to use if anyone is interest in mentoring me I'd appreciate it.

Thank you
1/16/2017 7:22 AM (edited)
Shouldn't they both be blocking during a run play ?
1/16/2017 5:14 AM
Haha!! Yes they should. I shouldn't try to try to overthink when I'm half asleep I guess.

I was trying to say should I always run my #1 back or let my #2 get some runs even though he's not nearly as good as the 1?? I put my best blocking back at 2 but not sure if I should use a better runner there to "lighten the load" from my 1?? It seems like I should run my best back every time but I'm just trying to get a better handle on gameplay.

Also wondering if the formula for blocking is based on total blocking of the offense or position rated?? My best WR can't block a telephone pole so will that effect outside runs considerably??

Hopefully this give a better feel for what I'm talking about.
1/16/2017 7:19 AM
Not many options in Div III
1/16/2017 8:00 AM
Sitemail me and Ill give you all the info on running.
1/16/2017 11:00 AM
A few seasons keeping the TE to block all the time would make a difference in the number of sacks.
I went for a couple of seasons with only 1 sack.
However, they made a change and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference, now.
1/16/2017 12:09 PM
Posted by realist9900 on 1/16/2017 5:14:00 AM (view original):
Shouldn't they both be blocking during a run play ?
i think about deception on offense and how that might or might not be missing from the sim

i think about key (read and react) defenses, as opposed to attack defenses and prevent defenses, and how those might or might not be missing from the sim

1/17/2017 10:26 PM
TE and FB blocking?? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.