Ben and Jerry league - full. completed Topic

I'm going to try Aaron's best ratings season at 1B and OF at SS. Seems the best damage control. I can get by with lesser ratings at those positions because they're still decent. But I'm sure it will be crazy.

Is there any guideline for what will make a non-catcher less awful?
1/25/2017 2:30 PM
Posted by redcped on 1/25/2017 2:30:00 PM (view original):
I'm going to try Aaron's best ratings season at 1B and OF at SS. Seems the best damage control. I can get by with lesser ratings at those positions because they're still decent. But I'm sure it will be crazy.

I go back and forth between putting my best fielder there and thinking it doesn't matter at all, so just stick someone terrible back there.
1/25/2017 5:09 PM
Posted by jfranco77 on 1/25/2017 5:09:00 PM (view original):

I go back and forth between putting my best fielder there and thinking it doesn't matter at all, so just stick someone terrible back there.
I was wondering if, for instance, OF assists would be a measure that would mean anything.
1/25/2017 5:29 PM
Posted by redcped on 1/25/2017 5:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jfranco77 on 1/25/2017 5:09:00 PM (view original):

I was wondering if, for instance, OF assists would be a measure that would mean anything.
They definitely would not be.
1/25/2017 5:58 PM
Posted by schwarze on 1/25/2017 9:26:00 AM (view original):
Which players can play the most positions without having to play "out of position"? Honus Wagner has enough seasons to play 1B, 2B, 3B, SS and 3x OF. I don't think anybody has enough to play all 8. Can any others play 7?
Pete Rose has 6. 1B, 2B, 3B, OFx3 that is why I picked him. His speed is a little less than I was hoping for, but I'm hoping for a lot of 2B & 3B and better defense than most teams will have.

1/25/2017 11:25 PM

I'll probably use a couple different Catchers depending on how much the opposition runs. No sense removing my best fielder from a real position unless he's facing Rickey Henderson. Or maybe you have a mediocre hitter with strong glove on the bench. try different things and watch the results to see how much difference it makes.
1/25/2017 11:54 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
Ben and Jerry league - full. completed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.