Attention / Recruiting Battles Basic question Topic

Posted by zhawks on 1/16/2017 1:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagger288 on 1/16/2017 1:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zhawks on 1/16/2017 1:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 1/16/2017 12:53:00 PM (view original):
Drive your opponent down to Moderate if this recruit is important to you. Don't let that other school hang around.
This is absolutely correct and even more-so with early recruits imo.
Most of my budget went to this recruit but 5 openings may have me hurting... :(
The new game is more difficult and harder to judge. I still do enjoy it though it's a new challenge.
Its different that is for sure, It just seems like jumping on this recruit and being a full day ahead has done nothing.
1/16/2017 3:03 PM
Posted by bagger288 on 1/16/2017 3:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zhawks on 1/16/2017 1:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagger288 on 1/16/2017 1:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zhawks on 1/16/2017 1:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 1/16/2017 12:53:00 PM (view original):
Drive your opponent down to Moderate if this recruit is important to you. Don't let that other school hang around.
This is absolutely correct and even more-so with early recruits imo.
Most of my budget went to this recruit but 5 openings may have me hurting... :(
The new game is more difficult and harder to judge. I still do enjoy it though it's a new challenge.
Its different that is for sure, It just seems like jumping on this recruit and being a full day ahead has done nothing.
I don't disagree, but I think (knowing WIS) they feel that is more 'real life' because how often do you know more than 'kid is considering these 3 schools'?
1/16/2017 3:12 PM
Posted by bagger288 on 1/16/2017 12:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zhawks on 1/16/2017 12:07:00 PM (view original):
It could be a combination of a lot of different things.
  • Preferences
  • AP Spent
  • HV's
  • Prestige
  • Promises
Also - non-existent isn't really that sometimes. The considering page only shows 10 schools. If there are more he could have been VL just like the rest and have been slowly unlocking actions while staying "hidden".

Based on what you're saying I will also guess that said recruit is a Late signee, which makes this strategy more likely. If they are an Early signee than this likely wouldn't work.

Bullying is somewhat possible but more difficult. You can still drop 20 HV in the same cycle and change the picture but the other school can come back with the same if the guy doesn't sign. 3.0 is a different game with new strategies which tend to be more about when a recurit will sign and how to maximize your AP than being a bully. I'm fine with that.
Essentially the way I've read I should have a good shot since I've been on the guy since cycle 1, he is a top priority for me. The other school jumped in a full day after the first cycle so he missed 3-4 at least cycles.

His signing preference is Early. I have a higher prestige 3 openings and the other school has 5 so he may be over powering me on AP however I have pushed a majority of mine into the battle now as I am clear winning on my other 2 options.
The other coach shouldnt be able to overpower you on AP if you now push all your AP on him, since there is a max 80 AP cap that can be put on one recruit regardless of how many openings.
1/16/2017 9:42 PM
Posted by Derek_Koenig on 1/16/2017 9:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagger288 on 1/16/2017 12:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zhawks on 1/16/2017 12:07:00 PM (view original):
It could be a combination of a lot of different things.
  • Preferences
  • AP Spent
  • HV's
  • Prestige
  • Promises
Also - non-existent isn't really that sometimes. The considering page only shows 10 schools. If there are more he could have been VL just like the rest and have been slowly unlocking actions while staying "hidden".

Based on what you're saying I will also guess that said recruit is a Late signee, which makes this strategy more likely. If they are an Early signee than this likely wouldn't work.

Bullying is somewhat possible but more difficult. You can still drop 20 HV in the same cycle and change the picture but the other school can come back with the same if the guy doesn't sign. 3.0 is a different game with new strategies which tend to be more about when a recurit will sign and how to maximize your AP than being a bully. I'm fine with that.
Essentially the way I've read I should have a good shot since I've been on the guy since cycle 1, he is a top priority for me. The other school jumped in a full day after the first cycle so he missed 3-4 at least cycles.

His signing preference is Early. I have a higher prestige 3 openings and the other school has 5 so he may be over powering me on AP however I have pushed a majority of mine into the battle now as I am clear winning on my other 2 options.
The other coach shouldnt be able to overpower you on AP if you now push all your AP on him, since there is a max 80 AP cap that can be put on one recruit regardless of how many openings.
I still have 2 other recruits im trying to hold on to, no competition as of yet but i have limited resources on them.
1/16/2017 10:08 PM
◂ Prev 12
Attention / Recruiting Battles Basic question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.