2nd Period Recruiting Topic

It would appear that a high percentage of recruits that are left over into period 2, sign on the 1st cycle. Any truth to that and if so, what is the percentage rate? For instance, 100 recruits considering teams, 25 sign on the 1st cycle of period 2=25%.
1/16/2017 2:03 PM
If there is only 1 lower division school on them from my observations it's been closer to 70%.

If there are multiple teams from lower division I have noticed them hang for a second cycle.

I have however not tracked this in any scientific way....
1/16/2017 2:15 PM
Posted by zhawks on 1/16/2017 2:15:00 PM (view original):
If there is only 1 lower division school on them from my observations it's been closer to 70%.

If there are multiple teams from lower division I have noticed them hang for a second cycle.

My bad. I was referring to D-1 recruits. Should've mentioned that in the original post. I'm assuming by "lower division" you're talking D-2 and D-3 recruits?
1/16/2017 2:25 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 1/16/2017 2:25:00 PM (view original):

My bad. I was referring to D-1 recruits. Should've mentioned that in the original post. I'm assuming by "lower division" you're talking D-2 and D-3 recruits?
I am meaning guys labeled D1 with only D2/3 guys on them.
1/16/2017 2:53 PM
Posted by zhawks on 1/16/2017 2:53:00 PM (view original):

Got it! Thanks zhawks.
1/16/2017 3:10 PM
If a DII school was to try and snipe a DI player away from another DII school, would they put all their resources into the player the first cycle of the 2nd recruiting period, or would you want to put it all in on the very last cycle of the first recruiting period?

Thanks!
1/16/2017 9:48 PM
Posted by Derek_Koenig on 1/16/2017 9:48:00 PM (view original):
If a DII school was to try and snipe a DI player away from another DII school, would they put all their resources into the player the first cycle of the 2nd recruiting period, or would you want to put it all in on the very last cycle of the first recruiting period?

Thanks!
I'd assume the second option.
1/16/2017 9:59 PM
However sniping really isn't an option anymore.
1/16/2017 9:59 PM

Recruits with D2 teams on them at Moderate at the end of recruiting period 2 are probably shown as Moderate only because of Seble's red light. The team has likely put in enough effort to sign the guy if not for the red light. Therefore it is logical to think that a lot of them would sign as soon as the red light is lifted, the first cycle of recruiting period 2. Looked at this way, Seble's red light not only hurts D2/D3 teams, it misleads D1 teams.
1/17/2017 12:31 AM
Posted by CoachSpud on 1/17/2017 12:31:00 AM (view original):

Recruits with D2 teams on them at Moderate at the end of recruiting period 2 are probably shown as Moderate only because of Seble's red light. The team has likely put in enough effort to sign the guy if not for the red light. Therefore it is logical to think that a lot of them would sign as soon as the red light is lifted, the first cycle of recruiting period 2. Looked at this way, Seble's red light not only hurts D2/D3 teams, it misleads D1 teams.
That's why we need a cycle of non-signings to start Period 2. When recruiting opens, remove the red light (that changes moderate to very high in your example), then have at least one cycle of no-signings.

That Or the solution I believe makes more sense as it opens up more strategy is have players 'red light' drop at varrying tmes throughout recruiting based on when they prefer to sign. In theory it could look something like this...

Early - When signings start
End of Period one - two days before the end of the period
Late - start of period 2
Whenever - Whenever!
1/17/2017 4:22 PM
"That's why we need a cycle of non-signings to start Period 2."

We certainly do NOT. That has been discussed to death.
1/18/2017 1:13 AM
2nd Period Recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.