Recruiting Not Working Properly Topic

Posted by skinzfan36 on 1/17/2017 4:22:00 PM (view original):
4 HV and 1 CV (although only 3 HV and 1 CV before the other DI teams popped up)

so total when it was just me and the 2 DIII schools: 190AP's, 20 minutes, 3HV, 1CV, scholly. Apparently not enough for a A- DI school to land a recruit.
In this case, the "price" was set by the D3s. I suspect you'd have met and surpassed it eventually, but other D1s outbid you.
1/17/2017 4:25 PM
Why are you still trying to help him? He didn't provide no proof or links about the situation. So this is just another case of people providing no background check.
1/17/2017 4:27 PM
Christopher Brown is the player...I have provided all the information I had. Not sure what else I can give you man, it's not like I know how much the DIII teams had put into him.

I'm just saying I'm surprised at how much effort that it would actually take for an upper level DI team to sign a guy over DIII regardless of what the DIII have put in the guy.
1/17/2017 4:29 PM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 1/17/2017 4:30:00 PM (view original):
Christopher Brown is the player...I have provided all the information I had. Not sure what else I can give you man, it's not like I know how much the DIII teams had put into him.

I'm just saying I'm surprised at how much effort that it would actually take for an upper level DI team to sign a guy over DIII regardless of what the DIII have put in the guy.
GT came in and grabbed a guy I'd been working on, as well. I wasn't able to invest any HVs, because I'd already used my budget, so I was vulnerable. That was apparently his strategy, and it worked for him, at least in terms of getting these particular players. I don't know about Brown, because I didn't scout him, but my guy was not a guy I would have invested anything in (hence why I didn't have any HVs to spend). He valued the recruit more than I did, pure and simple. As you pulled even with the A+ D3, and ahead of the A, I'm guessing you would have overtaken them both in time for signing, had the confounding factor of other D1s willing to spend more not come in to play.
1/17/2017 4:40 PM
Looks like GT took over that team just now so he had alot of resources available to spend. I only have some from my EE's but I needed to try and spread it around since I'm at 5 guys and was hoping to land at least 3...that hope is now down to 2 lol
1/17/2017 4:55 PM
In addition to this I have lost 6 battles during this recruiting. 5 of the 6 times I was Very High. 2 of those times I was Very High v. High. Fun stuff.

5 guys playing 40mpg this season I guess.
1/17/2017 5:12 PM
Think of how many shots each they'll get.
1/17/2017 5:19 PM
At least the D3s didn't get him. You got beat by a D1. That might not make you feel better but it should. You would have passed the D3s as expected.
1/17/2017 5:19 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/17/2017 5:19:00 PM (view original):
At least the D3s didn't get him. You got beat by a D1. That might not make you feel better but it should. You would have passed the D3s as expected.
Yeah I would have passed them in time. But it still sucks since these other DI guys weren't on him and because it took so long to get past the DIII teams they were able to swoop in for the kill. It is what it is.
1/17/2017 5:24 PM
Well, what happened to you is what you were trying to do to the D3 teams. Which was kind of my point when this thread was in the early stages.
1/17/2017 5:28 PM
lol, thread done people will just not get it.
1/17/2017 5:42 PM (edited)
Yeah, they sure don't.
1/17/2017 6:10 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/16/2017 6:03:00 PM (view original):
Ummm, no it shouldn't. You're just passing your problem on to another user. How the hell is that a solution?
You never answered.
1/17/2017 7:16 PM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 1/17/2017 5:42:00 PM (view original):
Correct. MikeT23 can't see the forest through the trees. Stuff goes way, way over his head. Much like spudhole, he is confident in his ability to nit pick an argument to the point where nobody can even figure out the relevance of his position to the actual discussion at hand, at which point you have to just give up trying. It is kind of like trying to explain to a kindergartner why they have to take a nap. They don't want to, you know its good for them, but they will be damned if they aren't going to throw a tantrum and make your life hard for a while without accomplishing anything in the long run except looking and acting like the foolish and ignorant child that they are.

Also, Mike is a GIANT twatwaffle.
1/17/2017 7:33 PM
Posted by snafu4u on 1/17/2017 7:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by skinzfan36 on 1/17/2017 5:42:00 PM (view original):
Correct. MikeT23 can't see the forest through the trees. Stuff goes way, way over his head. Much like spudhole, he is confident in his ability to nit pick an argument to the point where nobody can even figure out the relevance of his position to the actual discussion at hand, at which point you have to just give up trying. It is kind of like trying to explain to a kindergartner why they have to take a nap. They don't want to, you know its good for them, but they will be damned if they aren't going to throw a tantrum and make your life hard for a while without accomplishing anything in the long run except looking and acting like the foolish and ignorant child that they are.

Also, Mike is a GIANT twatwaffle.
Did it really take you 30 seasons to be competitive? That's funny ****.
1/17/2017 7:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Recruiting Not Working Properly Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.