Recruiting Not Working Properly Topic

2nd session. I am at DI Kentucky. I offered a scholly to a player who has a "End of Period 1" signing preference.

He had 2 DIII schools at Moderate on him at the end of the 1st session so I opened up the scholarship so I would be able to offer it 1st cycle of the 2nd session. That cycle just ran and I am still "Very Low" and the DIII schools at Moderate. I'm not even going to get started on the fact that somehow that still has me at very low.

Regardless of that, based on his signing preference shouldn't he immediately have signed with me since I am the only DI school to offer a scholarship? Otherwise what the **** is the point of the signing preference!

The DIII schools wouldn't be able to sign him until the last day correct?
1/16/2017 5:17 PM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 1/16/2017 5:17:00 PM (view original):
2nd session. I am at DI Kentucky. I offered a scholly to a player who has a "End of Period 1" signing preference.

He had 2 DIII schools at Moderate on him at the end of the 1st session so I opened up the scholarship so I would be able to offer it 1st cycle of the 2nd session. That cycle just ran and I am still "Very Low" and the DIII schools at Moderate. I'm not even going to get started on the fact that somehow that still has me at very low.

Regardless of that, based on his signing preference shouldn't he immediately have signed with me since I am the only DI school to offer a scholarship? Otherwise what the **** is the point of the signing preference!

I think most of all complaints are spewed up bullshit that provide no background checks.
1/16/2017 5:24 PM
Commentary on whether or not it makes sense aside, the functionality answer to what you're asking is that you still have to put in enough effort to get to High/Very High before the final 24 hours to get the player signed and eliminate the D3 schools from contention. Simply offering the scholarship isn't an automatic vault up there. The D3's have been amassing effort, likely since Day 1, that still must be overcome. Even though they are showing "Moderate," remember that it is an artificial "Moderate" -- they could have done enough recruiting to actually be at High/Very High right now if not for the so-called red light. That effort still needs to be overcome -- AP's, HV's, CV, promises. As a D1, a few of these should have a pretty marked effect, especially if you have a good preference set with the recruit as well.

If you get above Moderate prior to the final 24 hours, the recruit will sign with you on the spot (assuming no other players get involved).
1/16/2017 5:24 PM
Seriously though, if he has a preference of "End of Period 1" signing shouldn't that mean the player accepts the 1st offer they get if it's the 2nd session.
1/16/2017 5:46 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 1/16/2017 5:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by skinzfan36 on 1/16/2017 5:17:00 PM (view original):

I think most of all complaints are spewed up bullshit that provide no background checks.
Not sure what you mean by this?

I was utterly confused as to why he didn't sign since his preference was "End of Period 1". Based on that info I would have thought player signs as soon as he has a Division eligible scholarship offer.
1/16/2017 5:47 PM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 1/16/2017 5:46:00 PM (view original):
Seriously though, if he has a preference of "End of Period 1" signing shouldn't that mean the player accepts the 1st offer they get if it's the 2nd session.
I'm a friggin' n00b and I know the answer to this.

No. He won't sign with D3 until the last cycle. You are the lowest rated team. You surpass them, he signs with you.
1/16/2017 5:49 PM
Not directly. The earlier post concerning effort is valid. Understsand, I'm not arguing the D1 Vs D3 school point here. Realistic or not, the point stands that you have to overcome his effort on the recruit. You're D1 Kentucky, this should be a slam dunk for you. YOUR effort holds IMMENSE value compared to his effort. But, there's no way around it, you HAVE to commit the effort. I'm going to guess you gave the kid a super low amount of AP to open the scholarship and then just laid the scholarship on him thinking that was going to win it for you instantly. But, the D3 has likely been dumping his entire effort into the kid from the start,including money (HV's, CV's), PT, Start and who knows how much AP. I can't know for sure, but I would if it was me.
1/16/2017 5:55 PM
scholly from a DI should automatically overpower a DIII. That seriously makes absolutely no sense even in this ****** up game. I don't even care if the DI team is a D- prestige. They need to fix that. If DIII schools want to take the risk still they can. And no it will not be a slam dunk because I barely have any resources left. This game is a joy.
1/16/2017 5:58 PM
No it shouldn't. You can't ignore recruits then expect to walk in with you big D1 dick and expect them to bow at your feet.
1/16/2017 5:59 PM
umm yeah you should. and its not called ignoring recruits. its called I got absolutely dicked in the first session, lost 2 EE's, and now my team is completely devastated. BUT, they really have a great setup for this game. I love it!
1/16/2017 6:00 PM
Guy's he is trolling.
1/16/2017 6:01 PM
Ummm, no it shouldn't. You're just passing your problem on to another user. How the hell is that a solution?
1/16/2017 6:03 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/16/2017 5:59:00 PM (view original):
No it shouldn't. You can't ignore recruits then expect to walk in with you big D1 dick and expect them to bow at your feet.
this happens all the time in real life...even in the same Division.

Big dick Duke, Kentucky, Syracuse, MSU, etc. can walk in whenever they want and offer a scholarship to a guy real late in the process.

I'm not saying should be able to do this to lower prestige D-1 teams or even DII teams, but fuckin-A, DIII is 2 damn levels lower. I'm pretty sure a kid would pounce on a DI offer, even from a ****** DI school, let alone UK. LOL.
1/16/2017 6:05 PM
The D3 also might be playing hard to the recruit preferences, that would magnify his efforts. This is an intended change. People have been ******** about Power 6 drafting players for more years than I can remember. This is WIS's answer to that. Don't underestimate the power of those AP though. And the fact that your D1 AP are a HAMMER compared to his D3 AP.
1/16/2017 6:05 PM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 1/16/2017 6:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/16/2017 5:59:00 PM (view original):
this happens all the time in real life...even in the same Division.

Big dick Duke, Kentucky, Syracuse, MSU, etc. can walk in whenever they want and offer a scholarship to a guy real late in the process.

I'm not saying should be able to do this to lower prestige D-1 teams or even DII teams, but fuckin-A, DIII is 2 damn levels lower. I'm pretty sure a kid would pounce on a DI offer, even from a ****** DI school, let alone UK. LOL.
This isn't real life. It's a sim game and they don't transfer to real life all the time.

Now, tell me, how is transferring your problem to another user a solution?
1/16/2017 6:08 PM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
Recruiting Not Working Properly Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.