Recruiting Not Working Properly Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 1/16/2017 6:03:00 PM (view original):
Ummm, no it shouldn't. You're just passing your problem on to another user. How the hell is that a solution?
I'm not passing the problem onto anybody. DIII teams are reaching up 2 levels to get these guys. There should be ALOT of riskiness involved with it regardless of how much effort they put in.

Non-DI guys just don't see the issue with this game its hysterical. At DI you have to deal with your pool of players being picked at by EVERY single team at all 3 levels. If you lose your battles in session 1 now they have made it so you can't overcome the effort put in by DIII teams? What a fuckin joke. Then we have to come on these boards and deal with fuckin' noobs who think they run the world.

At DII you have DII and DIII picking at your pool of players (not as big of a pain in the *** for them).

At DIII you have absolutely ******* nobody reaching down to get your pool of players.
1/16/2017 6:09 PM
Yes you are. You ignored a recruit. If you had dropped a single AP on him in the first session, those D3 teams wouldn't have bothered. You didn't. Then, if you actually have very little resources left, you ****** them away and came to this particular guy that other users have been dumping resources on since RS1 started.

Us ******* n00bs have to deal with D1 owners who think this game is theirs and theirs alone.

This isn't heart surgery. You don't have to have 193 seasons to know when one users is passing his problems onto another user. It's common sense.
1/16/2017 6:15 PM
There IS a LOT of risk involved for the D3, or ANY D3, in this equation. Believe that. A determined D1 sim could easily wreck him. A D1 human is FAR more dangerous to him.
1/16/2017 6:17 PM
Of course there is a lot of risk. If D1 has a single opening and no more money, they can still dump 40 AP into him. And their AP are worth a lot more.
1/16/2017 6:19 PM
I didn't **** away my resources. It's called while I have been at Kentucky I have yet to win a single battle despite often being the Very High team vs. a High team, and I also only ever go after guys that I have a great preference match with, and going all-in on the # of visits allowed. Not sure what else I can do at this point.

Hopefully the AP's are worth a ton more for me compared to theirs like you are saying.
1/16/2017 6:26 PM
Let's put it this way. I don't know exactly how much I put into a D1 player in my first season but a D1 school passed me in one cycle and signed him in the next. It's feasible that they HV/CV'd me out of the bidding or, maybe, they just AP'd me.
1/16/2017 6:37 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/16/2017 6:19:00 PM (view original):
Of course there is a lot of risk. If D1 has a single opening and no more money, they can still dump 40 AP into him. And their AP are worth a lot more.
Yeah, that's exactly my point. Been there, done that. Battling a D1 sim is tough, but possible. I've not been crazed enough to attempt a D1 human at a trash school, let alone a power school.
1/16/2017 6:40 PM
Just like most Americans, this ******** is entitled to have it his way. Just the same you want to whine and cry but you're going to play out the rest of your seasons. Grow some principles you sissy, just quit the game already.
1/16/2017 6:44 PM
I'm not gonna quit when I already paid to play the seasons I bought. That's about the dumbest thing ever. I'm hopeful (not that optimistic though) that by the time those are almost out that maybe they will have made some adjustments to the game that will make it at least a little more palatable.
1/16/2017 6:54 PM
If you buy a Big Mac and think it tastes like ****, do you finish eating it?

If you truly hate HD that much, quit for a few months and come back if/when they change it. Credits don't expire. I had a SLB team for about 6 years before I used it.
1/16/2017 6:59 PM
True, I didn't think of that option.
1/16/2017 7:11 PM
I don't think you'd get to start in D1 though. I was gone for 10 years, played a bunch of D1 seasons in IBA and could only get D2 now. Which was different than in the past. I left VaTech after S20, must have got a free credit and qualified for The Citadel in S43.
1/16/2017 7:15 PM
If you offer a little Playing time, that should be a big deal as well. You should jump right past the D3 schools with 10 minutes, and more AP. The D3 guys probably have a ton of AP, playing time, guaranteed start and HVs. But I still think you'll knock them off pretty easily. All you have to do is get to high before the last day. I imagine your AP probably count for like 7-10 of theirs, and same for your other effort. It should not be hard.
1/16/2017 8:27 PM
skinz has a right to be ****** off.

I can't wait for Coach Spud to chime in later on. It will go something like "time to call the wahbluance" and "well that's what you get for recruiting highly ranked players with the EE, next time recruit 500 rated players and you won't have the problem."
1/16/2017 9:00 PM
No, he doesn't.

This isn't the real world where virtually every 18 y/o would choose Kentucky over West Conn St. It's a sim. Everyone has limited resources yet pay the same damn dollar to play the game. D1 SHOULD have advantages over D2/D3 but that shouldn't mean the stroll in late, with the big D1 dick, and take who they want.
1/16/2017 9:23 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
Recruiting Not Working Properly Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.