Recruiting Not Working Properly Topic

mixing two things - how does the game work and how should it work

personally, although I have played only DI for a long time, I dont think that DI should automatically always trump DIII - should be tough for DIII to win, but should not be impossible......
1/16/2017 9:26 PM
Skinz Kentucky team looks like it had at least 5 openings... via 2 seniors and 3 walkons... and UK has only signed 1 player so far... so UK has 4 openings and 100 AP's per cycle. So he can drop the max of 80 AP's at 11pm tonight and 5 tomorrow morning without spending any money. Also, if the target isn't good enough to start, toss 10 minutes his way... at that point the recruit should be his.
1/16/2017 9:29 PM
I've got hella more openings than that. 2 EE's as well. I only have 4 real players that I actually recruited returning next season, 1 of which I never would have in the old game. I'm pretty sure I can get the guy based on what everyone is saying it's just one hell of a frustrating game now if you lose all your battles...even the ones for backup options.
1/16/2017 9:34 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/16/2017 9:23:00 PM (view original):
No, he doesn't.

This isn't the real world where virtually every 18 y/o would choose Kentucky over West Conn St. It's a sim. Everyone has limited resources yet pay the same damn dollar to play the game. D1 SHOULD have advantages over D2/D3 but that shouldn't mean the stroll in late, with the big D1 dick, and take who they want.
Which is another reason why the divisions should be kept separate.for recruiting.
1/16/2017 9:47 PM
The evidence of the number of coaches that have left in D-1 Phelan should support the argument that something is seriously messed up with 3.0 at D-1.
1/16/2017 9:56 PM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 1/16/2017 9:35:00 PM (view original):
I've got hella more openings than that. 2 EE's as well. I only have 4 real players that I actually recruited returning next season, 1 of which I never would have in the old game. I'm pretty sure I can get the guy based on what everyone is saying it's just one hell of a frustrating game now if you lose all your battles...even the ones for backup options.
So you should be fine, with maximum 140 AP's, allowing you to drop max 80 on the guy in question, and still have 60 left over per cycle.
1/16/2017 10:02 PM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 1/16/2017 9:35:00 PM (view original):
That's another issue. Losing battles with other D1 has no bearing on this thread.
1/16/2017 10:18 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 1/16/2017 9:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/16/2017 9:23:00 PM (view original):
No, he doesn't.

This isn't the real world where virtually every 18 y/o would choose Kentucky over West Conn St. It's a sim. Everyone has limited resources yet pay the same damn dollar to play the game. D1 SHOULD have advantages over D2/D3 but that shouldn't mean the stroll in late, with the big D1 dick, and take who they want.
Which is another reason why the divisions should be kept separate.for recruiting.
Or they should do away with projected levels.

There are some really ****** D1 projections.
1/16/2017 10:20 PM
Update: 80 AP's, CV, and promise 15 minutes on a guy with wants to play preference. Only got me to Moderate! lmao

DI A- vs. DIII what a world we live in now
1/16/2017 11:06 PM
You'll need 2 or 3 cycles of 80 AP's...
Also, curious as to what prestige the Div-3 team is at?
1/17/2017 12:09 AM
Posted by npb7768 on 1/17/2017 12:09:00 AM (view original):
I've wanted to ask that since the start of this thread but was afraid that doing so would totally derail this thread. I almost asked what "Kind" of D1 recruit we were talking about too, but didn't for the same reason.
1/17/2017 12:17 AM
Posted by kashmir75 on 1/17/2017 12:17:00 AM (view original):
I've wanted to ask that since the start of this thread but was afraid that doing so would totally derail this thread. I almost asked what "Kind" of D1 recruit we were talking about too, but didn't for the same reason.
Right, the more information that's provided to us, the better idea all of us will have on this process going forward.

To me, i think assuming the Div-3 team put boatloads upon boatloads of effort into this player, then the Div-1 should have to make some solid effort. For all this recruit knows, he'll sit on the bench 4 years at Kentucky, which some kids might choose not to do.

Also, i've been against allowing D-3 schools to recruit D-1 players, but I'm not extreme against it.
1/17/2017 12:34 AM (edited)
Posted by npb7768 on 1/17/2017 12:34:00 AM (view original):
Right, the more information that's provided to us, the better idea all of us will have on this process going forward.

To me, i think assuming the Div-3 team put boatloads upon boatloads of effort into this player, then the Div-1 should have to make some solid effort. For all this recruit knows, he'll sit on the bench 4 years at Kentucky, which some kids might choose not to do.

Also, i've been against allowing D-3 schools to recruit D-1 players, but I'm not extreme against it.
My thought since the start is that this D3 in in it to the max. I might be way overboard thinking it should be a slam dunk for the D1 school, but I have a hard time believing it can't be done. I do think he should have to put effort into beating any other school that has poured attention into a kid from the start, even if it is a D3 school. As for being a bench rider at UK, my guess is that isn't what the kid wants and this D3 has a great set of match up variables to go along with his efforts.

On your last point, I think they might have to clean up their definition of D1 projected kids. I've seen many D1 projected kids that I wouldn't allow on my D3 team. I've seen D1 walkons that outshine some of these D1 projected recruits.
1/17/2017 12:48 AM
“That cycle just ran and I am still "Very Low" and the DIII schools at Moderate. “
Everybody who has read the forums knows you have to be at High or Very High to have a chance of signing a player. This is not news.

Regardless of that, based on his signing preference shouldn't he immediately have signed with me since I am the only DI school to offer a scholarship?
Everybody who has read the forums knows you have to be at High or Very High to have a chance of signing a player. This is not news.

Actually, the last day of recruiting can be an exception.

“ ’time to call the wahbluance’ ” That is spelled waaaambulance. You’re welcome.
1/17/2017 12:54 AM
The DIII teams are an A and an A+. That shouldn't really matter when it is a 2 Division difference and a DI team that is A- lol, but beside the point.

The player is not someone I would recruit at DI but have to because of what is left in the 2nd session and missing out on so many recruits/early entries like I said has me down to 4 players plus the 1 I got in the 1st session.

So I have 5 players right now. To the poster suggesting the kid doesn't want to ride the bench...are you serious? He is not going to ride the bench, hell he may have to start for me with how bad my situation is right now. Like I said I just promised the kid 15 MINUTES! I don't care how much effort these DIII schools put in. A DI school that is A- prestige just gave you a scholarship offer, invited you to visit their damn campus, and guaranteed you will play at least 15 minutes per game.

If you want to argue further that the DIII teams should still be in good shape after that I don't know what to say. Maybe HD should just switch to 1 giant division where every team can recruit whoever they want, their is no prestige, etc. Just make it a giant crapshoot...oooohhhh wait that is basically what it is.
1/17/2017 1:00 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸
Recruiting Not Working Properly Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.