Posted by CoachSpud on 1/17/2017 10:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 1/17/2017 10:16:00 AM (view original):
He's only mostly wrong, in some situations it's better to spread it out but not all, not even many....
Joe, please give an example where the best strategy is to divide the AP's over two cycles. Thank you.
AP's or HV's?
1/17/2017 10:51 AM
I didn't know there was a difference between Very Highs... is this the case for all preferences? Does start actually make a difference? Someone besides spud answer this.
1/17/2017 1:57 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 1/17/2017 1:57:00 PM (view original):
I didn't know there was a difference between Very Highs... is this the case for all preferences? Does start actually make a difference? Someone besides spud answer this.
If you give only a start and no minutes there is no impact to wants to play.
1/17/2017 2:06 PM
There is a difference between Very Highs....being one mile mile away is better than being 50 miles away.

Starts don't matter for playing time preference.
1/17/2017 3:15 PM
+1
1/17/2017 3:52 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 1/17/2017 3:15:00 PM (view original):
There is a difference between Very Highs....being one mile mile away is better than being 50 miles away.

Starts don't matter for playing time preference.
As it relates to the OP, I think the question here is whether or not a promised start increases the credit you get for a home visit. If it does, then you should definitely wait to do HVs until after you've promised a start (if you intend to). I don't know the answer for sure, but I've assumed that the credit you get for home visits is modified by preferences, prestige, and promises.
1/17/2017 4:13 PM
It doesn't
1/17/2017 6:12 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 1/17/2017 6:12:00 PM (view original):
It doesn't
Are you sure promises have no effect on the value of visits? Did WIS disclose this?
1/17/2017 6:36 PM
I could be wrong but I don't think so. I thought they said minutes was all that impacted "wants to play" during the beta testing.
1/17/2017 7:10 PM
Are you guys talking about the same thing? I feel like there are 2 conversations going on here.

1) If a kid wants to play and you promise minutes, it makes all the other effort you give scale up commensurate with the amount of minutes you promised.

2) Promising a start is independent of minutes and does not impact the "wants to play" preference. Only promised minutes impact wants to play.

Putting the two together I get: Promising minutes to a recruit that wants to play makes all your visits worth a little more than if you had not promised minutes.
1/17/2017 7:27 PM
U
1/17/2017 7:33 PM (edited)
Posted by Trentonjoe on 1/17/2017 7:31:00 PM (view original):
The fact that it took 30 seasons or 2.5 years for you to be competitive is ridiculous in my opinion.
LOL. He's mentally-challenged.
1/17/2017 7:32 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 1/17/2017 10:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 1/17/2017 10:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 1/17/2017 10:16:00 AM (view original):
He's only mostly wrong, in some situations it's better to spread it out but not all, not even many....
Joe, please give an example where the best strategy is to divide the AP's over two cycles. Thank you.
AP's or HV's?
HV's. Sorry.

"Someone besides spud answer this."
Sure, I'll leave the TON of misinformation in this thread alone.
1/18/2017 1:19 AM
Posted by snafu4u on 1/17/2017 7:27:00 PM (view original):
Are you guys talking about the same thing? I feel like there are 2 conversations going on here.

1) If a kid wants to play and you promise minutes, it makes all the other effort you give scale up commensurate with the amount of minutes you promised.

2) Promising a start is independent of minutes and does not impact the "wants to play" preference. Only promised minutes impact wants to play.

Putting the two together I get: Promising minutes to a recruit that wants to play makes all your visits worth a little more than if you had not promised minutes.
It's all part of the same conversation. The original question is essentially whether it matters if you do all the visits you want to do for a kid right away, or if it's always or sometimes better to wait and/or spread them out. There are a few schools of thought here, and to my knowledge, WIS has not really disclosed definitively how it all works together. There are some pieces we know, because they have been disclosed.

1) We know there is no "considering credit" anymore, so the jump to be up early is no longer an advantage in the way it was in the previous version of this game. However,
2) We also know a recruit who wants to play will give you more credit for your attention once you've promised minutes. So there is a version of "considering credit" for recruits who want to play.
3) We know that promising minutes affects the recruits "wants to play" preference, and that promising a start does not.

We don't know (i.e. WIS hasn't disclosed) if those promises *also* affect home visits. Many of us presume the value of home visits is modified at least by prestige, although I don't think even that has been disclosed. The question I posed above is whether preferences and/or promises also modify the value of home visits. As it relates to the original question in this thread, if you think preferences and/or promises may modify the value of your home visits, it makes sense to hold off on visits until you've made the promises you intend to make. But if you do this, you are potentially letting others set the price of the recruit, which matters if you are trying to spend as little as possible for the recruit; if you're a high prestige team, there will be no element of "scaring off" smaller fish, who may be empowered to then go all in early, eliminating any opportunity you may have had to get him cheaply.
1/18/2017 11:44 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.