HD Scroll Ads Ran All MLK Day On FS1... Topic

The real life Big East had a 5-game marathon today on Fox Sports 1 for the MLK Holiday.
The first game started at 12 noon, followed by games at 2pm, 4:30, 6:30 and 9pm... final game ended around 11pm.

I noticed that all day on the scrolling news feed at the bottom of the screen that the ran an ad in a loop for Hoops Dynasty. So the scroll looped continuously giving scores of the day and sports news, then the HD one scrolled, describing HD as a game where you could run a college program, and scout, recruit, and manage thecteam to a championship or something... said to sign up for a free season at whatifsports slash hoops.
1/17/2017 12:19 AM
Pretty awesome, I like it. Now the hunt begins for the first person who joined because of this ad...

I imagine the ad was something like this-

Are you a huge nerd? Do you like numbers? Have you never had a girlfriend? Do you enjoy arguing for hours about what would really happen 'in real life'? Come play Hoops Dynasty where all your imaginary friends will cheer you on while you attempt to reach the pinnacle of fake basketball glory!
1/17/2017 8:33 AM (edited)
Sounds about right. Except for me. I'm the only non-nerd on this site. FYI.
1/17/2017 8:47 AM
Shows how much I was not paying attention to those games yesterday while they were on lol
1/17/2017 10:41 AM
I saw them in the crawl on Sunday offering a free season
1/17/2017 12:34 PM
Posted by zhawks on 1/17/2017 10:41:00 AM (view original):
Shows how much I was not paying attention to those games yesterday while they were on lol
This is funny. People scream "advertising" and like one person here even noticed.
1/17/2017 1:21 PM
glad they are doing something
1/17/2017 2:14 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/17/2017 1:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zhawks on 1/17/2017 10:41:00 AM (view original):
This is funny. People scream "advertising" and like one person here even noticed.
Actually 2 people. And considering only about 17 people post on these forums, that's pretty damn good.
1/17/2017 2:25 PM
As someone said, until a new user says "Oh, I saw it on FS1 news scroll", we have no idea if it had any effect.
1/17/2017 2:49 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/17/2017 2:49:00 PM (view original):
As someone said, until a new user says "Oh, I saw it on FS1 news scroll", we have no idea if it had any effect.
Who said that?
1/17/2017 2:59 PM
Beats me and I'm not inclined to look. Do you disagree?
1/17/2017 3:04 PM
So if one person comes on the board and tells us he saw the ad and joined up then you will call the ad campaign a success?
1/17/2017 3:08 PM
Is that what you perceive I said?
1/17/2017 3:16 PM
Posted by Benis on 1/17/2017 3:08:00 PM (view original):
So if one person comes on the board and tells us he saw the ad and joined up then you will call the ad campaign a success?
I'd recommend not trying to reason with Mike about advertising. You see, there's no market for this game - people don't like it. Well, except us, who obsess over it to the point where we argue with strangers for hours on the forums. But there aren't any people like us that would enjoy the game that haven't already discovered it because, you know, there probably aren't, probably. Remember that time a few hundred users redeemed free seasons and then didn't purchase additional seasons? That proves this point, somehow. It's not like the industry standard for e-commerce retention after free trials is something like 3%, right? Are you following? Mike will type slow for you if you disagree, because that's apparently a thing.
1/17/2017 5:35 PM
You forgot to tell us you've ran and planned several social media campaigns before yammering on about advertising.

My point was simple. WifS advertised. I think in a pretty significant manner. And it went unnoticed by the people who scream "THEY HAVE TO ADVERTISE!!!!" Maybe they don't watch basketball. Maybe they didn't watch that day. But I bet some did. If they're aren't a few users who say "I found this site watching a FS1 scroll", I'm not sure that the advertising was effective. I guess we could believe that dozens, or hundreds, signed up because of that ad but, like bigfoot, I need to see one to believe it.
1/18/2017 9:47 AM
123 Next ▸
HD Scroll Ads Ran All MLK Day On FS1... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.