PF 3-2 Zone, D2 Topic

I just signed a guy I really like but he's truly a tweener. I know he's a better SF but he helps me way more if I can play him at PF. Are his BLK and REB just to low to be a starting PF on a NT contending team?

A- 70
SPD- 70
REB- 60
DEF- 80
BLK- 60
LP- 55+
PER- 65
BH- 65
Pass- 40
1/17/2017 11:33 AM
I wouldn't have an issue playing him at PF.
1/17/2017 11:54 AM
I suspect he'd be ok, but you're kind of putting an oval peg in a round hole with him at the 4. He'd be a great zone sf swing, where you could go back and forth between 2-3 and 3-2, depending on matchups, and keep him at the 3. He'd be an ok PF in a 3-2, especially if paired with a high reb/blk center. I would just hate to waste all that speed. I'll have to go back and dig in my other profile, but I think I had some 4s with similar block and rebounds (maybe typically higher rebounding) on my old Davis and Elikins team, that did ok.
1/17/2017 12:14 PM
Whatever your question, it has more to do with the limitations of the point guard you are trying to hide at the 3 or the C that you don't want to leave alone in a 2-3. It really doesn't have much to do with that monster. If those are current ratings at signing, then why isn't that guy at low-D1?
1/17/2017 12:20 PM
Yeah, I haven't recruited the guy he'll be paired with yet (I am going to RS him) but I'll be looking for a 70 ATH 90 REB 140+(BLK+DEF) guy.
1/17/2017 12:20 PM
Posted by rogelio on 1/17/2017 12:20:00 PM (view original):
Whatever your question, it has more to do with the limitations of the point guard you are trying to hide at the 3 or the C that you don't want to leave alone in a 2-3. It really doesn't have much to do with that monster. If those are current ratings at signing, then why isn't that guy at low-D1?
I agree, this is a prototypical 3 for my low D1 press/zone teams. Exactly what I look for. I'd be all over this guy, if I saw him.
1/17/2017 12:39 PM
Posted by rogelio on 1/17/2017 12:20:00 PM (view original):
oh, he'll grow into that, he isn't starting there.
1/17/2017 12:44 PM
To me, he is good at 3 in a 2-3... And I would go that way. Why? He will score a lot at the three. In 3-2, if your C is better than average in blk and reb, he will be allright.
1/17/2017 12:47 PM
As someone who has played zone for longer than I can remember, I would play him at the 3. His Rebounding and Blk are too low for the 4, and unless you have Lebron ahead of him on the depth chart, he looks like he will be a BEAST at SF.
1/17/2017 2:40 PM
PF 3-2 Zone, D2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.