Top-five PG Coleman picks Texas over Duke Topic

That is why distance should be less relevant in D1... I mean, in our thing, Texas is not battling Duke on any recruits except internationals.
1/17/2017 2:12 PM
Isn't distance less relevant in 3.0?
1/17/2017 2:13 PM
I'd say it has more impact. And Coleman is from VA.
1/17/2017 2:18 PM
Texas won the player over Duke and he is from Virginia...yet you are saying distance is more relevant? Seems like less relevant for sure (no chance Texas wins this player in 2.0)...are we missing something here.
1/17/2017 2:27 PM
Difficult to translate RL to this game. Here is a link showing a list of final schools for Matt Coleman. The thing we may not know is whether Shaka Smart had contacted this kid while at VCU or if the kid just loved the VCU story. I don't think that can be directly pulled into the game.

We could talk about preferences. WIS has promised an update in the job's logic. One way to do that would be to adjust preferences to harmonize with "awards" or "merits" that coaches could gain (e.g. D2 NC; 5 year NT consecutive; COY or NCOY...). Those could play directly into hiring and preferences. The result might be visible and understandable. The results could also be pulled into firings. Probably a big re-write, but worth it...if anyone is reading.
1/17/2017 2:34 PM
They said they wanted distance to be less of a factor, but the only way to do that is to remove the effort/bidding element of recruiting.
1/17/2017 2:55 PM
No, just get rid of that huge difference when you offer HV and CV from afar... I can't go to Texas and get a kid to Clemson because it's not efficient recruiting... At D2, I understand, at D3 too, but D1, say I am Texas and a kid from Maine likes me and I want him to play, I doubt I have as big a hurdle as I have in 3.0.

Rogelio : yeah, he got recruited by Shaka Smart while he was at VCU... Then he kept in contact at Texas.
1/17/2017 3:05 PM
wow, I didn't realize this was a real life player that was being talked about lmao
1/17/2017 3:40 PM
Posted by skinzfan36 on 1/17/2017 3:40:00 PM (view original):
wow, I didn't realize this was a real life player that was being talked about lmao
Sorry. I did not mention it.
1/17/2017 3:49 PM
Posted by rogelio on 1/17/2017 2:34:00 PM (view original):
Difficult to translate RL to this game. Here is a link showing a list of final schools for Matt Coleman. The thing we may not know is whether Shaka Smart had contacted this kid while at VCU or if the kid just loved the VCU story. I don't think that can be directly pulled into the game.

We could talk about preferences. WIS has promised an update in the job's logic. One way to do that would be to adjust preferences to harmonize with "awards" or "merits" that coaches could gain (e.g. D2 NC; 5 year NT consecutive; COY or NCOY...). Those could play directly into hiring and preferences. The result might be visible and understandable. The results could also be pulled into firings. Probably a big re-write, but worth it...if anyone is reading.
Thanks for the link Rogelio. Unlike some people who think they can talk about real life basketball and sim basketball at the same time. This doesn't make much sense.

These are two big 5 schools so that's not a factor. Maybe he wanted to be farther away from home HENCE HENCE the pun. Either Texas was in their first or he was offered more minutes than Duke and Texas is in a rebuild.
1/17/2017 3:55 PM
Top-five PG Coleman picks Texas over Duke Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.