American makes the NCAA a Big Seven? Topic

Posted by cubcub113 on 1/17/2017 9:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by snafu4u on 1/17/2017 5:44:00 PM (view original):
PS: In case you couldn't tell I think Pitt's rosters are always chock full of dirty scumbags and they are consistently the most overrated team in DI. They have not won crap since the 40's (when they were a bunch of dirty scumbags as well) and never cease to dramatically under-perform when it matters most and get knocked out of the tourney by Our Lady of the Elms or the like. Despite this, their fans act as though they have achieved something and demand to be heralded as one of the elite programs. Their fans are as rabidly annoying as Steelers fans, lacking the most basic understanding of the game and instead professing their position based on the grand argument "because Pittsburgh."

To the rest of the country, it it still and always will be Sh!tsburgh.

Now I just have to hope my wife never decides to read these forums, because she--and her entire family of willfully ignorant Pitt fans--would likely be a little upset as these stark truths. Its funny; in 12 years of Marriage (and 2 years of dating) the only real fight(s) we have ever had have been UConn/Pitt or Patriots/Steelers related. When Dejuan Blair judo flipped Thabeet and tried to break his wrist my response to the filthy, dirty, downright criminal assault landed me sleeping on the couch for a week.

PPS: Pitt Sucks.
Kemba's ankle-breaker stepback buzzer-beating jumper on the Gibbs dude in the Big East tournament was one of the best Bball moments of all time.

I'm an Illinois fan (wooooooooooo--go Malcolm Hill the only good player we have) but I have always rooted for Uconn and New England in the postseason. Belichick is just completely ingenious and Napier and Kemba are some of my favorite non-Illinois college players of all time.

P.S. I picked Uconn to go to the Championship Game in my bracket the Napier 7th seed year.
The Flyin' Illini were one of the most exciting teams to watch BITD (back in the day). Marcus Liberty, Kenny Battle, Kendall Gill, Steven Bardo and Nick Anderson. A bunch of ultra-athletic, interchangeable guys running up and down the court. Loved watching them...the late 80's/early 90's were awesome for college basketball.

The WVU alum in me says f@#* Pitt.
Now and for always.
Keep Climbing Mountaineers
1/17/2017 9:41 PM
PS: In case you couldn't tell I think Pitt's rosters are always chock full of dirty scumbags and they are consistently the most overrated team in DI. They have not won crap since the 40's (when they were a bunch of dirty scumbags as well) and never cease to dramatically under-perform when it matters most and get knocked out of the tourney by Our Lady of the Elms or the like. Despite this, their fans act as though they have achieved something and demand to be heralded as one of the elite programs. Their fans are as rabidly annoying as Steelers fans, lacking the most basic understanding of the game and instead professing their position based on the grand argument "because Pittsburgh."

Now I just have to hope my wife never decides to read these forums, because she--and her entire family of willfully ignorant Pitt fans--would likely be a little upset as these stark truths. Its funny; in 12 years of Marriage (and 2 years of dating) the only real fight(s) we have ever had have been UConn/Pitt or Patriots/Steelers related. When Dejuan Blair judo flipped Thabeet and tried to break his wrist my response to the filthy, dirty, downright criminal assault landed me sleeping on the couch for a week.

Kemba's ankle-breaker stepback buzzer-beating jumper on the Gibbs dude in the Big East tournament was one of the best Bball moments of all time.

I'm an Illinois fan (wooooooooooo--go Malcolm Hill the only good player we have) but I have always rooted for Uconn and New England in the postseason. Belichick is just completely ingenious and Napier and Kemba are some of my favorite non-Illinois college players of all time.

P.S. I picked Uconn to go to the Championship Game in my bracket the Napier 7th seed year.
I agree--kemba was a special player and that moment was jaw dropping. I got to meet him a couple times at random events around campus; super nice guy. Shabazz as well--just a special player and also a genuinely good guy. Guys like them make me proud to be a UConn fan/alum.

I always go back to watching the Allen vs. Allen championship game. Two incredibly talented players throwing it all down. One of my favs.
1/17/2017 10:08 PM
I hope UConn does not go big 10... I would rather have them in the big east.
1/17/2017 10:20 PM
Posted by zorzii on 1/17/2017 10:20:00 PM (view original):
I hope UConn does not go big 10... I would rather have them in the big east.
Unless they drop football, they're not going to BE.
1/17/2017 11:05 PM
Posted by p6453 on 1/17/2017 9:41:00 PM (view original):

The Flyin' Illini were one of the most exciting teams to watch BITD (back in the day). Marcus Liberty, Kenny Battle, Kendall Gill, Steven Bardo and Nick Anderson. A bunch of ultra-athletic, interchangeable guys running up and down the court. Loved watching them...the late 80's/early 90's were awesome for college basketball.

The WVU alum in me says f@#* Pitt.
Now and for always.
Keep Climbing Mountaineers
I have super-fond memories of the 2005 Illinois team that UNC beat in the title game. A fun season with 2 great teams, and they both actually made the title game. Sean May killed them. Fun stuff. Go Heels!
1/18/2017 8:01 AM
◂ Prev 12
American makes the NCAA a Big Seven? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.