Clone Your D - We're FULL! Topic

$130 million salary cap. Either choose a single defender OR choose TWO defenders and clone them. If you choose two defenders you MUST CLONE EACH THREE TIMES - Example: 3 Karlssons and 3 Keiths. Obviously, if you choose to go with a single defender you clone him 6 times.

Bobby Orr, Larry Robinson and Raymond Bourque CANNOT be twisted. You can only use them by themselves. Also, only ONE instance of each will be allowed. Once they are chosen, they can no longer be used.

*Larry Robinson is taken, no more Larry's.
*Bobby Orr is taken, no more Bobby's.
*Raymond Bourque is taken, no more Bourque's.

There will be ONE instance of each defender allowed within the league, UNLESS someone has twisted that defender, then he may be also used on his own or again twisted with a different defender - EXAMPLE: I use Karlsson and Keith twisted, you can use Keith on his own. Two defenders can only be twisted together ONCE - EXAMPLE: I've twisted Karlsson and Keith, no one else can use those two together. You can twist that defender with another defender, however. So claim your defender/s in this thread. First come, first serve.

I've not created the league yet, I wanted to gauge interest before committing to buying another team. If there's even minimal interest I'll have the league created by week's end. I think it could be a fun league and theme.

All other rules will be regular rules we usually have in every league. No lasting injuries, playoff intensity will be off, etc. No forwards or goalies will be allowed to be cloned. Obviously no trades or waiver wire will be allowed. Two teams will be allowed per owner within league.

1. widowmaker78 - Scott Niedermayer / Scott Stevens
2. widowmaker78 - Erik Karlsson / Shea Weber
3. chuckinrlp - Larry Robinson
4. chuckinrlp - Pierre Bouchard / Zdeno Chara
5. lunchpail33 - Ryan Suter / Shea Weber
6. lunchpail33 - Erik Karlsson / Zdeno Chara
7. kiteport - P.K. Subban / Bill Hajt
8. kiteport - Bobby Orr
9. fatboydad54 - Chris Chelios
10. fatboydad54 - Christian Ehrhoff / Mike Green
11. ob1knobee78 - Mark Howe / P.K. Subban
12. ob1knobee78 - Kris Letang / Chris Pronger
13. taybaijor - Jimmy Watson / Joe Watson
14. Got_Worms - Brian Leetch / Drew Doughty
15. ijg33 - Brian Leetch and Nicklas Lidstrom
16. bb_icetime - Raymond Bourque
17. Buster05 - Nicklas Lidstrom / Denis Potvin
18. donaldjl - Guy Lapointe / Shea Weber
19. Poddy - Pierre Bouchard / Serge Savard
20. bluebladeace - Pierre Bouchard / Ryan McDonough
21. lostnfound74 - Jason Smith / Willie Mitchell
22. knightthorn - Karl Alzner / Duncan Keith
23. y2jdilemma - Dan Hamhuis / Eric Weinrich
24. jmerch - Tom Bladon / Ryan McDonough.
1/31/2017 4:39 AM (edited)
Neat idea...I've got some questions...

I'm not sure how Orr, Bourque and Robinson would get used....are these configurations possible:

DEFENCE PAIRS
OPTION A
Clone 1 - Orr
Clone 1 - Bourque
Clone 1 - Robinson

OPTION B
Clone 2 - Clone 3
Clone 2 - Clone 3
Orr - Robinson

1/17/2017 4:24 PM
I enjoy supporting new owners widowmaker and will jump in with Larry Robinson.
I'm thinking you will run into issues though as when the good defenders are taken, you will have a hard time filling the league. Why not allow different variations of the combinations? (Someone takes Weber and Chara, and another owner takes Chelios and Chara. No one can take the same combos in this situation.)
1/17/2017 4:37 PM
I'll take Larry Robinson
1/17/2017 4:37 PM
Posted by the_jsa on 1/17/2017 4:24:00 PM (view original):
Neat idea...I've got some questions...

I'm not sure how Orr, Bourque and Robinson would get used....are these configurations possible:

DEFENCE PAIRS
OPTION A
Clone 1 - Orr
Clone 1 - Bourque
Clone 1 - Robinson

OPTION B
Clone 2 - Clone 3
Clone 2 - Clone 3
Orr - Robinson

You can use either Orr, Robinson or Bourque, but not twisted with other defenders. As in, if you choose one of the three, you'll have 6 Orrs, 6 Robinsons OR 6 Bourques, whichever you happen to choose.

Their salary is so high, that in a $130 million cap league, after choosing 6 of any of the 3, you're not going to have a lot left to play with. And their offensive AND defensive numbers are so high, I think that that's only fair. Evens things out a little bit.

I knew correctly wording all of this was going to be a pain....
1/17/2017 5:34 PM (edited)
Posted by lunchpail33 on 1/17/2017 4:37:00 PM (view original):
I'll take Larry Robinson
chuckinrlp chose Larry Robinson. No more Larry's.

I really wanted to take Bourque myself, but kind've figured that'd be a dick move. After Niedermayer, he's probably my next favorite player all-time, definitely next fave defender. The antichrist himself, Scott Stevens is #3.
1/17/2017 5:39 PM (edited)
Posted by chuckinrlp on 1/17/2017 4:37:00 PM (view original):
I'm thinking you will run into issues though as when the good defenders are taken, you will have a hard time filling the league. Why not allow different variations of the combinations? (Someone takes Weber and Chara, and another owner takes Chelios and Chara. No one can take the same combos in this situation.)
I'll allow the different variations. I actually considered that originally, but figured I'd wait and see how sign-ups go. Changed the rules in original post to reflect it.

BTW, I'm not new, this is venom__reign on an alt account. Surely you haven't forgotten me already, chuck?
1/17/2017 5:41 PM (edited)
Guess I better be quick. Pierre Bouchard and Ryan McDonagh
1/17/2017 7:36 PM (edited)
Posted by widowmaker78 on 1/17/2017 5:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lunchpail33 on 1/17/2017 4:37:00 PM (view original):
I'll take Larry Robinson
chuckinrlp chose Larry Robinson. No more Larry's.

I really wanted to take Bourque myself, but kind've figured that'd be a dick move. After Niedermayer, he's probably my next favorite player all-time, definitely next fave defender. The antichrist himself, Scott Stevens is #3.
I'll take Karlsson and Chara.
1/17/2017 8:15 PM
Posted by widowmaker78 on 1/17/2017 5:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chuckinrlp on 1/17/2017 4:37:00 PM (view original):
I'll allow the different variations. I actually considered that originally, but figured I'd wait and see how sign-ups go. Changed the rules in original post to reflect it.

BTW, I'm not new, this is venom__reign on an alt account. Surely you haven't forgotten me already, chuck?
Aw crap. All these multiple names! Lmao! Sorry venom!
1/17/2017 9:30 PM
For team 2, Bouchard & Chara
1/17/2017 9:36 PM
Posted by BlueBladeAce on 1/17/2017 9:33:00 PM (view original):
Venom_reign 5 Highstyx 3. Series over. Dunno about Chuck, but I remember you
I was kidding chuck, but I've come and gone several times throughout the years. I really can't blame anyone if they didn't remember me. LoL, glad someone remembers me at least

I think it's kinda weird how my old formula for building teams used to work pretty well for me. I won a few championships with it. Seems that now I'm just terrible. Dunno what changed here in my last absence.
1/17/2017 9:57 PM (edited)
BTW, as soon as I get the league going, I'll post the league number in here. May sitemail it to you guys, too.
1/17/2017 9:55 PM
Watson boys - Jimmy & Joe please
1/17/2017 10:47 PM
Won a 'Cup' a decade ago in a similar league
which was themed around D-Men... But, the
main competition around here is Chuck...

Therefore, please allow me the privelege of
3 ZChara's, &, --->>> 3 KLetang's... Thanx !

Get ready to get frustrated again, Chuck !!!...
1/18/2017 1:47 AM
123 Next ▸
Clone Your D - We're FULL! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.