Moving within D1 Topic

i know its not the OP's question, but apparently you can go from D2 to Big6. Dan2044 did it in Allen. I wonder how successful you have to be at D2 for that jump? Dan was remarkably successful - Champion, F4, F4, Champion, Champion, F4 in seasons 79-84. Does anyone know what the minimum(ish) level of success is for that jump?
1/18/2017 3:29 PM
I qualify: 10 seasons nt got me clemson. In Rupp, my WNMU A+ was qualified for Kentucky and down but I did not want to move up.
1/18/2017 3:44 PM
Posted by benrudy on 1/18/2017 3:29:00 PM (view original):
i know its not the OP's question, but apparently you can go from D2 to Big6. Dan2044 did it in Allen. I wonder how successful you have to be at D2 for that jump? Dan was remarkably successful - Champion, F4, F4, Champion, Champion, F4 in seasons 79-84. Does anyone know what the minimum(ish) level of success is for that jump?
It honestly doesn't take a ton. But there is a serious difference between a big 6 with C/C+, and say a big 6 with A-.

As far as guessing the minimums, I should really leave that to someone who can give a guess that is more accurate than the one I'd give.

I know last season in Phelan I was qualified for every D1 gig but four of them. I believe I was a long shot for an A- Big 6, qualified for all B+ and maybe qualified for a different A- program? Can't remember entirely. I was un-qualified for all A level Big 6 gigs, which I believe were Zona, UNC, Indiana and another school I cannot remember.

What a run by Dan. I would be super interested to know what he would have all qualified for after that four year run. Only a run like that I would think would get you qualified for the top programs. And frankly, I'm more than okay with that.
1/18/2017 3:52 PM
@Zorzii - Kentucky is an A+, no? So isnt kentucky&down just everyone?

@Thinair - quite the run you had in Phelan! It looks like only Maryland is an A D1 gig according to this list - is there a more updated one i should look at?

Is the baseline prestige more important for determining this or the actual prestige of the school at the time?
i'll try to keep tabs on how much it takes for me to move up with my chadron state team, but it could take a while :)
1/18/2017 5:43 PM (edited)
My Grand Valley State team is a longshot for some big 6 jobs, I might have qualified for one I don't remember.
1/18/2017 6:19 PM
Sorry, A- for Cincy. Still, my first A baseline prestige team.

Not surprised at all Dan could go D2 straight to Big6
1/18/2017 6:43 PM
Posted by benrudy on 1/18/2017 5:43:00 PM (view original):
@Zorzii - Kentucky is an A+, no? So isnt kentucky&down just everyone?

@Thinair - quite the run you had in Phelan! It looks like only Maryland is an A D1 gig according to this list - is there a more updated one i should look at?

Is the baseline prestige more important for determining this or the actual prestige of the school at the time?
i'll try to keep tabs on how much it takes for me to move up with my chadron state team, but it could take a while :)
Sorry, I was referring to current prestige levels - my bad.
1/19/2017 1:43 PM
Benrudy : It's Baseline prestige. It plays a part too. A C A+ Baseline prestige is not the same as a C B- Baseline prestige. You got to look at the real prestige, in RUPP, I think Kentucky was B-.
1/19/2017 3:26 PM
Posted by zorzii on 1/19/2017 3:26:00 PM (view original):
Benrudy : It's Baseline prestige. It plays a part too. A C A+ Baseline prestige is not the same as a C B- Baseline prestige. You got to look at the real prestige, in RUPP, I think Kentucky was B-.
Aha! thanks!!!
1/19/2017 4:54 PM
You can go from D3 to a big 6 as well. My last 4 season in Wooden D3 were FF, FF, NC, NC and I qualified for all D1 C jobs and worse, including big 6 jobs.

And as others have said both baseline and current prestige of the D1 team play a role when becoming qualified for a job.
1/20/2017 8:38 AM
Posted by zorzii on 1/18/2017 11:23:00 AM (view original):
Cubcub : get to big six from WSU. Do not start over at a better baseline prestige mid. I think it will push you back three to four years.
I see. Thanks for the input!
1/20/2017 11:43 AM
Here was my path to B6:

Jump from D3 to Miami (OH). Go 5-22, 20-8 in first two seasons. 27-3 in Season 3, NT first round. 23-9 in Season 4 with S16 run.

Got hired at C- Nebraska. Had to take a loyalty hit because I was going from B- Miami to C- Nebraska.
1/20/2017 4:47 PM
◂ Prev 12
Moving within D1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.