Are we ever going to see an NBA dynasty type game similar to Hardball Dynasty? With the mobile layout being almost identical to HBD, why cant they institute a similar professional basketball style dynasty game? I think it would be more popular than a college game and I think it would be more fun.

Has there ever been an explanation given?
1/17/2017 5:38 PM
Maybe because they can't afford the resources to even keep this one running well?
1/17/2017 5:43 PM
Posted by mullycj on 1/17/2017 5:43:00 PM (view original):
Maybe because they can't afford the resources to even keep this one running well?
That was my first thought, but it seems if you took away EEs, recruiting/ etc. it would be the same or maybe even less resource effort for an NBA type product?
1/17/2017 5:45 PM
It would be sweet if the draft pool for the NBA Dynasty worlds consisted of players entering the draft from the HD worlds. I'm sure a good number of HD users would jump at the chance to coach some of their old players or rivals in the pros!
1/17/2017 9:55 PM
Posted by crabman26 on 1/17/2017 5:38:00 PM (view original):
Are we ever going to see an NBA dynasty type game similar to Hardball Dynasty? With the mobile layout being almost identical to HBD, why cant they institute a similar professional basketball style dynasty game? I think it would be more popular than a college game and I think it would be more fun.

HBD has major leagues + five levels of minor leagues, all with big rosters. With constant player development and fatigue management, there's almost always something useful to do.

NBA-type game can't provide anywhere near the same depth; it would be HD with an 82 game schedule + interminable playoffs, and no recruiting. Zzzzzzz.

Plus it would be one more product to develop, market, and manage for a WIS staff that's already stretched incredibly thin.
1/17/2017 10:24 PM
Posted by slayterhill on 1/17/2017 9:55:00 PM (view original):
It would be sweet if the draft pool for the NBA Dynasty worlds consisted of players entering the draft from the HD worlds. I'm sure a good number of HD users would jump at the chance to coach some of their old players or rivals in the pros!
Agreed, I haven't even thought of this part of it. Would definitely make it even more fun!
1/17/2017 10:24 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 1/17/2017 10:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crabman26 on 1/17/2017 5:38:00 PM (view original):

HBD has major leagues + five levels of minor leagues, all with big rosters. With constant player development and fatigue management, there's almost always something useful to do.

NBA-type game can't provide anywhere near the same depth; it would be HD with an 82 game schedule + interminable playoffs, and no recruiting. Zzzzzzz.

Plus it would be one more product to develop, market, and manage for a WIS staff that's already stretched incredibly thin.
Buzzkill!! Nah just messing, I think you are overestimating the minors in HBD. Virtually no one pays any attention to them, in fact I think they are more of a nuisance.
1/17/2017 10:26 PM
Posted by slayterhill on 1/17/2017 9:55:00 PM (view original):
This would be wild.

I think the biggest issue is how small the worlds would be. If you did an accurate replication, you're talking about having to have a damn lot of worlds. Think about how many users you can put into a collegiate world? Now think about the NBA. You'd almost be forced to make it a club type league. Which would still be cool - and other sites do this. But it's just not as cool to coach the Duke Blue "Jazz", or the Portland Trail "Ballers" as the real thing.

If they did some sort of global league with different continental championships and stuff I'd be excited. Or I guess really you could just do the US, and let people create clubs from anywhere. I won't hold my breath, ha.

1/18/2017 4:52 PM
I wrote this in a boring college class a few years ago. The schedule would likely have to change for 3.0 but it's the only example I've seen anyone ever write out.
1/18/2017 5:54 PM
This is really cool stuff man. I only gave it a quick read, but plan to go through it some more tomorrow.
1/19/2017 1:25 AM
Posted by therewas47 on 1/18/2017 5:54:00 PM (view original):
I wrote this in a boring college class a few years ago. The schedule would likely have to change for 3.0 but it's the only example I've seen anyone ever write out.
Nice. This is really well thought out. Some of these points hadn't even crossed my mind, like how player ratings and IQ would transfer to the pros. Just seeing the layout of the 82 game schedule and playoffs gets me hyped about being able to play this game. Probably a pipe dream, but who knows.
1/19/2017 11:03 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.