18. 6:30 jaydubz1515:
19. 7:00 darny10:
20. 7:30 Got_Worms:
21. 8:00 mj97:
22. 8:30 wininie:
23. 9:00 the_skipper:
24. 9:30 666ace:
1/21/2017 4:24 PM (edited)
Drafts seem to always have wrong picks, player already gone, etc. I've done it myself, and more than once.
I think 80% of that can be avoided IF.. we remember to do these things when we are up:

1) Look at the last draft page update. See who was picked last..
2) Check and see if his name is on the Alpha list.. often it won't be posted there yet, even though he was taken
3) Go back to the list page and find all the guys picked AFTER him. Great idea to check back half a page too (maybe ten picks back). Stuff is going to get missed

4) Pick your player. So far this takes about 2 extra minutes

5) Hang around for a few minutes in case something went wrong, and it will. Maybe not for you, but it will

If we do this, much less will go wrong. When it does, the poor guy (Amerk) has to fix sometimes 5-6 pick posts.. even more

I might re-post this in round 2, but that's it.

1/20/2017 9:57 PM (edited)
Posted by BlueBladeAce on 1/20/2017 9:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sixernuggets on 1/20/2017 9:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by BlueBladeAce on 1/20/2017 9:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by amerk1180 on 1/20/2017 9:23:00 PM (view original):
sixer beat me to telling you guys that he has graciously accepted my offer for him to take over edge2012's team, since edge is the only guy who signed up initially and never replied to my question of "are you still in?". I feel confident that edge will not be showing up. Sixernuggets was the co-commissioner of this league in year one, so he will be a good replacement. Now, we won't be quite so screwed if robroy doesn't come back.

If he does, I hope tkconcrete is ok with just having one team. If sabrewolf shows up soon and wants his team, then roadhouse goes back to being the next replacement picker/possible replacement owner. If we get thru the 1st round and roadhouse isn't needed and still wants to be in the league with his own team, he can take over for my HughGRexion (one of my other nicknames) team. Hopefully, that all works for everyone and we won't have any future issues.
Great. does he want Messier??? ROFL He can have the spot.. and Hooray I now can 'eat just one'
Yep blue blade I'm happy wth Mess!
He has done good for me, in several editions. OK I will change scrub the draft sheet .. Good to see you, bub
Thank you.
1/20/2017 10:13 PM
Larry Robinson
1/20/2017 10:55 PM
Finally for me tonight, to piggyback on BlueBladeAce's comments from a couple posts ago,
'
It would also help greatly if every owner went into their WIS personal settings and make sure the box is checked where it says "FORWARD SITEMAIL'S TO E-MAIL"

This should make it so everyone gets important sitemails about when you are up, or if you picked someone who was already picked and have to pick again. PLEASE go do this if you haven't already.
1/21/2017 1:24 AM
No it just says "message from BlueBladeAce" or whatever the sitemail senders nickname is.
1/21/2017 3:03 AM
Is that our draft page or a chat/forum discussion?
1/21/2017 4:31 AM
Ugh...here we go again....

You would THINK that people who replied "YES" to my question about this league and if they are still interested in being in it, no more than two weeks prior, would CONTINUE TO CHECK THEIR SITEMAIL, wouldn't you???

See, this is why I say to make sure "Forward sitemails to e-mail" is CHECKED! If kiteport had that checked, he would get an actual e-mail from WIS saying so and so messaged him to let him know HE IS UP! Everyone has e-mail on their smartphone now don't they? That means pretty much everyone should know when their turn is up, wherever they are, if that is checked, and 23 other guys won't have these interminable waits.
1/21/2017 1:32 PM
I'm fine BlueBlade. If/when kiteport shows up and likes the Oates pick, he can have his team back if he promises to at least somehwat keep up with the draft and when it is his turn to pick. Also, robroy SM'd me back and he is definitely OUT. I will update all the draft pick lists once round one is over and we realize who has who's team.

lunmchpail33 is up
1/21/2017 3:46 PM (edited)
RW Rick Middleton
1/21/2017 3:50 PM
Hughgrexion takes Steve Shutt
1/21/2017 3:57 PM
Sorry guys. Daughter was sick. I'll take Alexander Mogilny.
1/21/2017 4:21 PM
OK kiteport....glad to see you. Mogilny to kiteport, Oates is back on the board!
1/21/2017 4:23 PM
With all the delays we have had here so far, I'm thinking everyone who hasn't picked yet should be EXTRA vigilant about keeping up with when they are up to pick. Plus, everyone would have gone to their settings and clicked on "FORWARD SITEMAILS TO E-MAIL"! If everyone left in the 1st round did that, we shouldn't have more than an hour delay in between picks. The more technology we have and use, the less excuses we should hear for why someone doesn't make their pick for 24 hours, or 12 hours, or 4 hours etc. Once we get past the rirst round, this will all not matter. In "ON the clock" mode, you miss your time, you get skipped and we move on.

By the way, there is nothing saying you CAN'T send a proxy list to other owners. If everyone does that like HughGRexion did, we wouldn't be waiting around, twiddling our thmbs for hours every few picks.
1/21/2017 6:33 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...45 Next ▸
PEDL 4 --finished drafting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.