PEDL 4 --finished drafting Topic

No stress. its a simple question. and yes i look forward to amerk answering it later today. Im complaining cause i was left in the dark on when this thing started, why untimed picks were basically skipped, and then 1 whole other round happened, and moved onto a 3rd. Why shouldnt I complain. if something isnt right you dont jsut stand their and take it. You speak up and try to get answers.
1/24/2017 3:42 AM (edited)
rmj, I sent you a detailed and lengthy sitemail. I will try to shorten it for the rest of you. As many of you might know from me mentioning it during past drafts, I am legally blind. I have about 7 degrees of usable central vision left in each eye. I still see the computer screen ok for the most part but sometimes my acuity is not perfect.

Basically, even though I originally had it correct, somewhere along the line, rmj97 became mj97, because the r in front of the m still looks like JUST AN M to my eyes. So, all of the sitemails I was sending out to everyone explaining when we were starting...who got what pick, etc, were being sent to mj97 instead of rmj97, and there must actually BE a user named mj97 because the SM system wasn't telling me that the user name doesn't exist, so I was thinking I was sending them to the right person.

Anyways, I feel like this whole thing is TOTALLY my fault, and the only truly fair thing to do is to go back to the 21st pick of the 1st round, and just repeat everything, starting from that point. OK, quit your grumbling everyone!

Unless, rmj97 says he really would have taken Jaromir Jagr in the 1st round and Cliff Ronning in the 2nd, but then we have the issue of "what do we do with Oates and Goulet now that we are in the 3rd round"??? NO, I think the ONLY thing that we can fairly do here is a complete redo from pick 21.

I am going to bed now, again, since I got out of bed to deal with all of this when I read the SM's from rmj and BlueBlade on my smartphone before I fell asleep. I will get back up around 1 or 2 pm, and we will be back in the 1st round, rmj, you are UP

So sorry for all of this guys!
1/24/2017 4:08 AM
Honestly just leave those 2 off the board for everyone in my opinion, I am fine with Jagr and Ronning on my team. I would however put Anderson back on with who originally picked him and pick up at the appropriate draft person and slot. I mean not really fair for the msot recent person to get to take goulet, when many others could have taken him instead. or if nothing else put Goulet and Oates back on the board after my 4th rd pick since that gives the people after me and where they drafted the chance to actually draft them. But i still think the best thing to do is to not have them drafted at all.
1/24/2017 4:29 AM (edited)
Posted by amerk1180 on 1/24/2017 4:08:00 AM (view original):
rmj, I sent you a detailed and lengthy sitemail. I will try to shorten it for the rest of you. As many of you might know from me mentioning it during past drafts, I am legally blind. I have about 7 degrees of usable central vision left in each eye. I still see the computer screen ok for the most part but sometimes my acuity is not perfect.

Basically, even though I originally had it correct, somewhere along the line, rmj97 became mj97, because the r in front of the m still looks like JUST AN M to my eyes. So, all of the sitemails I was sending out to everyone explaining when we were starting...who got what pick, etc, were being sent to mj97 instead of rmj97, and there must actually BE a user named mj97 because the SM system wasn't telling me that the user name doesn't exist, so I was thinking I was sending them to the right person.

Anyways, I feel like this whole thing is TOTALLY my fault, and the only truly fair thing to do is to go back to the 21st pick of the 1st round, and just repeat everything, starting from that point. OK, quit your grumbling everyone!

Unless, rmj97 says he really would have taken Jaromir Jagr in the 1st round and Cliff Ronning in the 2nd, but then we have the issue of "what do we do with Oates and Goulet now that we are in the 3rd round"??? NO, I think the ONLY thing that we can fairly do here is a complete redo from pick 21.

I am going to bed now, again, since I got out of bed to deal with all of this when I read the SM's from rmj and BlueBlade on my smartphone before I fell asleep. I will get back up around 1 or 2 pm, and we will be back in the 1st round, rmj, you are UP

So sorry for all of this guys!
I hope this is sarcasm that we are going back to round 1.
1/24/2017 6:16 AM
It is not sarcasm, but we are not going back to round 1 either. You should have gotten a sm explaining. If not, RMJ97 is taking Cliff Ronning andJaromir Jagr,, Blue blade ace is taking Michel Goulet, and Adam Oates and Glenn Anderson are back in the draft pool.
1/24/2017 6:53 AM
Sounds Good, just got them now.
1/24/2017 7:53 AM
Since it's my turn to pick next, I would like an official resolution to this issue before I make my pick. I think
we should put the draft on hold until we decide what we're gonna do.
1/24/2017 9:03 AM
It was already decided in the SM, Adam Oates and Glenn Anderson are on the board again. Pick away, it was described in the SM.
1/24/2017 9:08 AM
I'd like to do on forward not backwards. Do we continue with rd 3 2day?
1/24/2017 9:53 AM
Posted by echm on 1/24/2017 9:53:00 AM (view original):
I'd like to do on forward not backwards. Do we continue with rd 3 2day?
Yes. Goombas is up
1/24/2017 9:54 AM
Reggie Leach - RW
1/24/2017 10:33 AM
I will be out for a while
1st choice Tim Kerr
2nd choice Bobby Hull
1/24/2017 10:42 AM
How is Goulet taken in Rd 3 when he was taken in Rd 1? If he was put back on the board, I hope we all would've been sitemailed because I would've drafted him. Goulet's name was on the taken list prior to Rd 2.

At least, that's what I remember.
1/24/2017 10:59 AM
Not to be rude here but one player is not going to make the difference, I can name 30 fantasy players in hockey that are better than Goulet right now, even with tons of people off the boards, hes a solid player but nothing special, hes 1 of hundreds. This is a really hard thing for amtrek and Glenn to run, cut them some slack, its not gonna be prefect, move on from all the drama, its a 9 dollar league that has no rewards basically, do your best and have fun, build a team you like, lets move on please from the drama and get all our drafts fully ******* drafted please, in a nice steady flow.
1/24/2017 11:02 AM
I'll take D N lidstrom
1/24/2017 11:10 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...45 Next ▸
PEDL 4 --finished drafting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.