Conference Realignment / D1-A Playoffs? Topic

Hey all, I'm brand new here just starting my first season in D3...absolutely love the concept here of acting the part of a real life college football coach. But I have to admit I was pretty disappointed in my first browsing of D1-A and seeing incorrect or old conferences/divisions and no playoff system in place. I'm a Big Ten guy, and seeing Michigan-Ohio State in separate divisions, no Maryland, no Rutgers, no Nebraska, Notre Dame in the Big 10, etc. was disappointing...theres plenty I could go into for other conferences as well, but have to ask the question - is there any chance conferences would be updated in the future to reflect real world counterparts? And will the National Championship playoff make an appearance? In existing worlds or perhaps a new world created with the current alignment?

Not that it will stop me from playing, but it would be so great to me if it were exactly as I see in real life...
1/18/2017 12:06 PM
Conference realignment to reflect the current real world will never happen. That would be a logistic and programming nightmare, and WIS just does not have the resources to do this. If you notice, every conference in GD has 12 members. Realigning to reflect the real world would really screw this up.

Incorporating the playoff system in D1A could be more realistic. But again, I don't know if WIS is willing to dedicate the resources to doing this right now.
1/18/2017 12:10 PM
I would love a playoff in D1A. One of the reasons I find 1A the least attractive (to me) places to play.
1/18/2017 12:21 PM
I guess that makes sense...I'm certainly not far enough into it to understand the logistics behind everything. I'll be down here in D3 for a bit anyway, if I ever work my way into D1-A I assume I'll be heavily invested enough in the game to look past the alignment
1/18/2017 3:03 PM
Conference Realignment / D1-A Playoffs? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.