Victoryyyyyy!!!!!!! Topic

If that's the case, you'd think he'd walk thru the front door proudly.

Nope, sneaks in the back door.

Is that RACIST!!?!?!?!?
1/18/2017 9:45 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2017 9:45:00 PM (view original):

Is that RACIST!!?!?!?!?
Which is what's frustrating becuz with all these average players making the HoF, you'd think they'd induct a surefire one like Raines way earlier. But no. Only god knows why it took so long for him to get inducted.
1/18/2017 9:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2017 9:45:00 PM (view original):

Is that RACIST!!?!?!?!?
I'm sure he will go in the front door proudly.
1/18/2017 10:01 PM
He shouldn't. It's akin to being named HS Prom King at 33 y/o.
1/18/2017 10:14 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/18/2017 8:46:00 PM (view original):
Raines sneaks in the back door with the "final ballot" sympathy votes.
He was elected by the BBWAA. Therefore, by the rules of context, he is a legitimate HOFer.
1/18/2017 10:53 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2017 10:14:00 PM (view original):
He shouldn't. It's akin to being named HS Prom King at 33 y/o.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't care what some old, South Carolina truck driver thinks. Since, you know, he's a Major League Baseball Hall of Famer.
1/18/2017 11:05 PM
Back door? I don't think so. Over 800 Bases stolen, better success % than Henderson, an on base percentage as good or better than some already in the HOF,.... The guy was one of the best of his time, plain and simple. Two things hurt him, being Henderson's shadow all the time and playing in Montreal.

Voters today look at the game from a view point of how the game is played today. Long ball is king. Back in the 80s it was a track meet and Raines was second only to Rickey over his long career. Also with that AstroTurf you needed speed in the outfield back then. Raines was as solid in the field as they come.

He gets in through the front door with a career deserving of HOF status
1/19/2017 6:53 AM (edited)
1/19/2017 9:42 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/18/2017 7:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 1/18/2017 7:03:00 PM (view original):
BBWAA continues to drop the ball with Edgar. It's really sad knowing if he'd just played a ****** 3B his entire career, costing his team with a concrete glove, he'd likely be in already.
Maybe you and BL are just ****** evaluators of HOF worthiness.
Or the "NO DHs!!" argument is bullshit. You said yourself you won't vote for a DH. Yet if Edgar had played bottom-of-the-league level third base his entire career, you'd be on the bandwagon to get him in.

That just shows how stupid the DH argument is. People would rather put in a guy who hurt his team with his glove than a guy who just hit and didn't hurt his team in the field.
1/19/2017 9:54 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 1/19/2017 9:54:00 AM (view original):
BBWAA continues to drop the ball with Edgar. It's really sad knowing if he'd just played a ****** 3B his entire career, costing his team with a concrete glove, he'd likely be in already.
Or the "NO DHs!!" argument is bullshit. You said yourself you won't vote for a DH. Yet if Edgar had played bottom-of-the-league level third base his entire career, you'd be on the bandwagon to get him in.

That just shows how stupid the DH argument is. People would rather put in a guy who hurt his team with his glove than a guy who just hit and didn't hurt his team in the field.
You'll have to show me where I said I would never vote for a DH.

What's with all the anger? Why do you care so much about my opinion?
1/19/2017 10:01 AM
My bad...when you said you wouldn't vote for Edgar or Ortiz because they didn't play enough innings in the field, I assumed it was because they were DHs. I guess you just didn't like their haircuts.

You really are a full-on grad of the MikeT School of Logic and Debate.
1/19/2017 10:11 AM
Way to add 2 and 2 and come up with 17.
1/19/2017 10:21 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/19/2017 10:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 1/19/2017 9:54:00 AM (view original):

You'll have to show me where I said I would never vote for a DH.

What's with all the anger? Why do you care so much about my opinion?
Because I have him blocked.
1/19/2017 10:28 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/19/2017 10:21:00 AM (view original):
Not really. When someone says "I'm not voting for these great hitters because they didn't play enough innings in the field", it's pretty clear you won't vote for a DH. Why else would their innings in the field impact their HOF-worthiness?

I do enjoy when you say stuff and try to convince others you meant something completely different. Classic TecT23.
1/19/2017 10:30 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 1/19/2017 10:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 1/19/2017 10:21:00 AM (view original):
Not really. When someone says "I'm not voting for these great hitters because they didn't play enough innings in the field", it's pretty clear you won't vote for a DH. Why else would their innings in the field impact their HOF-worthiness?

I do enjoy when you say stuff and try to convince others you meant something completely different. Classic TecT23.
I enjoy when you read something and insist that it says something else. Classic jtpop_luck.
1/19/2017 10:37 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...10 Next ▸
Victoryyyyyy!!!!!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.