Distro v. press Topic

Against a press, does high shot distribution directly equal having the ball more? Put another way, if my bigs (who don't have good BH and P) have high distribution, will they have increased turnovers?
1/18/2017 9:05 PM
Yes, mostly. Maybe not having ( as in duration) the ball more as much as getting ( for a shot) the ball. If your bigs have enough passing to play motion without being turnover machines, my opinion is that they'll be fine against most press teams. Your whole team is going to suffer TO's against the really good press teams. Press teams with high Ath, Spd, Def, Stamina and decent IQ's.

On a related note, a good PG (A quick look tells me yours is a decent PG) with a good IQ generally doesn't try to force the ball where there is a lot of resistance. Like if an opponent has a stud defender. Things like that are usually what accounts for differences between distribution Vs Shots actually taken.

F. Dickinson looks like a sucky press team to me (weak Ath, Def, Stamina), I wouldn't alter my shot plan based on that team. But that's just my opinion.
1/18/2017 10:39 PM
Posted by kashmir75 on 1/18/2017 10:39:00 PM (view original):
Yes, mostly. Maybe not having ( as in duration) the ball more as much as getting ( for a shot) the ball. If your bigs have enough passing to play motion without being turnover machines, my opinion is that they'll be fine against most press teams. Your whole team is going to suffer TO's against the really good press teams. Press teams with high Ath, Spd, Def, Stamina and decent IQ's.

On a related note, a good PG (A quick look tells me yours is a decent PG) with a good IQ generally doesn't try to force the ball where there is a lot of resistance. Like if an opponent has a stud defender. Things like that are usually what accounts for differences between distribution Vs Shots actually taken.

F. Dickinson looks like a sucky press team to me (weak Ath, Def, Stamina), I wouldn't alter my shot plan based on that team. But that's just my opinion.
Thanks, kash. Yeah, it's a pretty bad team. I was mostly wondering for when I do face a good press team.
1/18/2017 10:42 PM
No problem.

Against good press teams, the best option is usually slowing it down. Once you break the press (get past half court), it's just a "Trap" defense that goes for the pass interception. You have a decent PG, which is critical to breaking the press. A lot of press coaches focus so hard on the press fundamentals that they neglect passing and ballhandling sometimes. Against those teams, if you have the advantage and similar speed ( AND the good PG), you can often turn the table on them by running them hard too. A good rule of thumb is that speeding up any offense tends to make it sloppier.
1/18/2017 10:59 PM
The press has two major drawbacks
1) more fouling
2) players tire faster

These two are pretty connected since if you get a team into foul trouble, they will have a shorter bench and then they will be playing even more tired.

So I think you'll want to look at a couple things when playing press. What does their depth and stamina look like? If they are only playing 10 guys and have average stamina then speeding them up to increase possessions might work. Get them to play tired.

Additionally, you want them to foul more. So if you have a good ath/spd advantage then they will likely foul a lot- which gets you to the line for FTs and perhaps causes their players to foul out. And since guards typically draw more fouls than bigs, it would make sense that they'd get more distro in an attempt to rack up more fouls.
1/19/2017 2:21 AM
I need some help. I keep posting a helpdesk ticket. However, it never shows up. I was given 4 scholarships for this season. However, I have 5 players leaving after the season. I believe I should have gotten 5 scholarships. Can someone provide me with assistance for this matter?
1/19/2017 5:44 AM
Posted by Phillies26 on 1/19/2017 5:44:00 AM (view original):
I need some help. I keep posting a helpdesk ticket. However, it never shows up. I was given 4 scholarships for this season. However, I have 5 players leaving after the season. I believe I should have gotten 5 scholarships. Can someone provide me with assistance for this matter?
Delrio was ineligible so he's actually a JR and will be back next season.
1/19/2017 6:32 AM
Posted by Phillies26 on 1/19/2017 5:44:00 AM (view original):
For future reference, the departing players will be highlighted on the right hand side of the Recruit, Home screen.
1/19/2017 7:05 AM
Distro v. press Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.