Success with minutes Topic

Anyone had success using minutes?
1/19/2017 7:27 AM
I won't respond with regards to success because I haven't had any but you obviously play tired guys. I used it the vast majority of this season because I had promised minutes to 2 recruits. There were far more yellow/red dots than when I switched to "fatigue". I don't know that I've necessarily been "better" but I have won 4 of 5 using fatigue.
1/19/2017 9:22 AM
Here.
1/19/2017 10:18 AM
Ideally I'd like to use "minutes", but the "fatigue" depth chart is so much better in terms of player game fatigue and team success. I feel like the back end logic of the two are screwed up because I've put on less minutes to a guy than he was playing at and he was red and yellow a lot more through out the game than when I used the "fatigue" system.
1/19/2017 10:33 AM
Well, I always had better success with fatigue. It's just I had to promise a start to a player I want 10 min max on the floor per game.
1/19/2017 10:33 AM
There's no way around it then for you. The other time I use minutes is when I start a back-up to get better shot distribution if I want 2-3 players taking almost all the shots. IOW, if I want my PG/SF/PF to take 95% of my shots, I'll bench one and give his back-up short minutes. Then when the other 1-2 shooters are taken out, someone is still out there firing them up.
1/19/2017 10:37 AM
I haven't had all that much success (1507-502 .750pct) and 0 championships, but I have always used target minutes. I have often wondered if this has cost me any games, but I feel like it gives me much better control. What are the definite advantages of 'fatigue?'
1/19/2017 11:00 AM
I've done it a few times successfully, mostly when it was a zone team.
1/19/2017 11:06 AM
In my two seasons, it's simply forced minutes on a tired/tiring player. Of course, if you set your minutes properly, that doesn't have to happen. With 12 players, I imagine you could set all at 14-19 and never see fatigue. I don't think that's efficient but it could be done.
1/19/2017 11:07 AM
Posted by geneferrell on 1/19/2017 11:00:00 AM (view original):
I haven't had all that much success (1507-502 .750pct) and 0 championships, but I have always used target minutes. I have often wondered if this has cost me any games, but I feel like it gives me much better control. What are the definite advantages of 'fatigue?'
The biggest benefit is you avoid falling victim to the second half "fatigue death spiral" where a kid picks up 2 fouls in the first 30 seconds of the first half, sits for most of it and then attempts to get all of his minutes by running himself into the ground in the second half.
1/19/2017 11:40 AM
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=6047

ive been using minutes most of the yr with this team because of offering a start and minutes to a recruit. It's worked out good so far but come tourney time I'll probably go back to fatigue
1/19/2017 11:50 AM
Success with minutes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.