Who gets in first? Topic

With Bonds/Clemens getting over 50%, it looks like voters care less and less about PED allegations. After all, they overlooked Piazza and Bagwell. Not to mention Ripken and Griffey.

So, who gets in first? And I don't think Bonds/Clemens gets in without the other.
Votes: 17
(Last vote received: 1/27/2017 4:27 AM)
1/19/2017 12:00 PM
I voted for Edgar, but I suspect that Bonds, Clemens, and Edgar are all going to be in the class of 2019.
1/19/2017 12:54 PM
Voted for Edgar. Bonds and Clemens are definitely deserving but it'll take the Veterans Committee for them to get in. Every year we forget a little about the congressional hearing that was a huge embarrassment to baseball. So it's not really to do with steroids, it's more how they embarrassed baseball.
1/19/2017 1:40 PM
In 20-30 years, PED will be an OTC product. I mentioned this earlier today in another forum, PEDs are the next marijuana. In 2050 people will be all "They hated on Bonds because he wanted to be a great player? That's just stupid."
1/19/2017 1:56 PM
It will be interesting to see how the voters react to A-Rod when he becomes eligible. Caught 2 times!!! While we all know Clemons & Bonds did use, there isn't any definitive proof. All we have are allegations, heresay etc... So really they are 'alleged' PED users... Still the voters have shunned them for the most part. So how do voters react to A-Rod: Completely say No; Ignore the fact he was caught and vote for him; wait until it's his 10th year of eligibility and vote him in???

Mike you're likely correct, in 30 years...
1/19/2017 2:22 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by aginor on 1/19/2017 2:22:00 PM (view original):
It will be interesting to see how the voters react to A-Rod when he becomes eligible. Caught 2 times!!! While we all know Clemons & Bonds did use, there isn't any definitive proof. All we have are allegations, heresay etc... So really they are 'alleged' PED users... Still the voters have shunned them for the most part. So how do voters react to A-Rod: Completely say No; Ignore the fact he was caught and vote for him; wait until it's his 10th year of eligibility and vote him in???

Mike you're likely correct, in 30 years...
ARod was never "officially" caught and suspended for PEDs. His suspension was for obstruction of an investigation.

The only real big name who was actually officially busted and suspended for failed drug tests was Manny. He didn't fare so well yesterday.
1/19/2017 2:41 PM
Actually he did test positive in that first wide spread testing that was done in the 2000s. It was suppose to be confidential but it was leaked and his name was among those that tested +++

So he did officially test positive, just not suspended for it. Also, he did openly admit to using...
1/19/2017 2:59 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/19/2017 2:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/19/2017 1:56:00 PM (view original):
In 20-30 years, PED will be an OTC product. I mentioned this earlier today in another forum, PEDs are the next marijuana. In 2050 people will be all "They hated on Bonds because he wanted to be a great player? That's just stupid."
I doubt anabolic steroids will ever be an OTC product. You can't even get birth control pills OTC.

Despite the ridiculous hand wringing and scare tactics you get when people talk about anabolic steroids, there are very real side effects and dangers that come with their use.
I'm not even gonna mention the very real side effects and dangers of the very legal tobacco and alcohol products.
1/19/2017 3:08 PM
Not so much. There are health benefits to steroids.

But I guess only HOF voters can evolve with evaluations. Right?
1/19/2017 3:41 PM
They would probably need to take the lead in the evolving evaluation of PED.
1/19/2017 4:28 PM
I doubt that most endocrinologists would be in favor of people just willy nilly taking anabolic steroids.

**keep in mind that I have no moral problem with anabolic steroids. But they can permanently alter the way your body works (unlike most casual drug use). You need the advice of a professional when using them.**
1/19/2017 4:37 PM
123 Next ▸
Who gets in first? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.