Idea for fixing recruiting Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 1/19/2017 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 1/19/2017 5:05:00 PM (view original):
Forums are just forums. Half the time we aren't even talking HD.
OK, that's fair. What other forums do you participate in?
Farmersonly.com
blacksingles.com
redneckandsingle.com
jewishcafe.com

1/19/2017 5:20 PM
Posted by kashmir75 on 1/19/2017 4:51:00 PM (view original):
They cut the max AP almost in half. That changed recruiting back to strategy rather than AP hammer. Now you have to pick and choose more carefully. Pick your #1 target and hit him as hard as you can. While you do that, systematically open #2, #3, etc. Do the same with your backups. It helps if your backups are actually backups and not a secondary list of primary targets (Simply because they are somewhat lesser than your primary targets). You can run a press team effectively with 10 players. If you can do that, you always have 2 extra spots worth of resources.
It's nearly impossible to be successful running Fastbreak/Full Court Press.

What if you have 3 openings, you can't go all out on a guy and have 20 points left, you have to either not go all out, or stick with one guy.
1/19/2017 7:18 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/19/2017 4:58:00 PM (view original):
Having someone agree doesn't do a whole lot for me.

It's just creepy to have someone lurk a forum of a sim game they don't play. What's nerdier than nerd?
Yet you just criticized me for not having anyone agree with me.
1/19/2017 7:19 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 1/19/2017 5:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rogelio on 1/19/2017 3:26:00 PM (view original):
The solution is that AP value should have diminishing marginal returns. Skip the '80' limitation, but make the recruiting value after 125% of final unlock decay until it is useless after 300% of final unlock (an email could arrive "quit texting me...I've got an exam, dude!").
I've been on this horse for a while, along with increasing the number of late preference players and a signing-free cycle or two at the start of RS2. Diminishing returns for all APs, and negative returns (after unlocking all actions) for bad preference matches.
Id be fine with that.
1/19/2017 7:20 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 1/19/2017 7:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/19/2017 4:58:00 PM (view original):
Having someone agree doesn't do a whole lot for me.

It's just creepy to have someone lurk a forum of a sim game they don't play. What's nerdier than nerd?
Yet you just criticized me for not having anyone agree with me.
No, that wasn't a criticism. It was a chance for you to re-evaluate your idea.

Seldom, in this forum, does a thought not have a "I agree" or "+1". So, when you don't get one of those, it's a good chance it's just not a good idea.
1/19/2017 7:22 PM
I still don't see a reason for why it would be bad.
1/19/2017 7:30 PM
If they would just reinstitute the recruiting levels then that would fix a lot of issues. Top notch DIII should only be able to recruit til the lower level of DII. And DII elites shouldn't be able to recruit anything above the top 300 this would eliminate some of those frustrating battles against coaches that should not be stretching to players that they currently are. Backups would be an actual thing again.
1/19/2017 7:58 PM
Ohhh and D/C prestige teams should not be recruiting top 100 players. Top recruits were earned in the previous system and I liked it that way, even though I previously was never one of those A+ elites
1/19/2017 8:01 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 1/19/2017 7:18:00 PM (view original):
They cut the max AP almost in half. That changed recruiting back to strategy rather than AP hammer. Now you have to pick and choose more carefully. Pick your #1 target and hit him as hard as you can. While you do that, systematically open #2, #3, etc. Do the same with your backups. It helps if your backups are actually backups and not a secondary list of primary targets (Simply because they are somewhat lesser than your primary targets). You can run a press team effectively with 10 players. If you can do that, you always have 2 extra spots worth of resources.

What if you have 3 openings, you can't go all out on a guy and have 20 points left, you have to either not go all out, or stick with one guy.
It's entirely possible to successfully run FB/FCP with 10 guys. Stagger your classes. Always leave 2 spots open. If you have 3 spots, focus on 1 player. Don't focus on a "Program changer" when you don't have the resources to do so. Plan your recruiting accordingly. Focus on those players only when you have the resources to do so.

If you feel you can't recruit adequately for the system you run, consider changing the system. It isn't rocket science, but it does take a little thought and some planning.
1/19/2017 8:32 PM
Posted by kashmir75 on 1/19/2017 8:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 1/19/2017 7:18:00 PM (view original):

It's entirely possible to successfully run FB/FCP with 10 guys. Stagger your classes. Always leave 2 spots open. If you have 3 spots, focus on 1 player. Don't focus on a "Program changer" when you don't have the resources to do so. Plan your recruiting accordingly. Focus on those players only when you have the resources to do so.

If you feel you can't recruit adequately for the system you run, consider changing the system. It isn't rocket science, but it does take a little thought and some planning.
Have you ever run FB/FCP with 10 players and made a sweet 16? Second Round of the NT? Have you ever run it with 10 players at all? I would assume not because it doesn't work. I played with 11 for my first couple seasons in HD, I had the same level talent I have now, but I wasn't succesful because any good team would take advantage of me. I had the resources to battle for him, I just didn't have the APs to recruit anyone else, I was very high with him when he signed to the other team.

I should not be forced to do that, I should not be forced to spend 4 seasons changing my system.
1/19/2017 9:04 PM
If according to you guys "nothing will change" then why not do any of these solutions? I believe that my solution would bring about positive change, I have not seen one good reason to why it won't. All you are saying is "everyone else will have more APs, so nothing will change" but I think it will bring change, people will be able to unlock more scholarships, people will be able to activley recruit more options. There is an issue here, and its not "lack of skill" as you guys are claiming, there is an issue with the game, you can't honestly believe that this system was made perfect in the 3 beta seasons, it can still be improved.
1/19/2017 9:17 PM
Yes, I have. Runner-up in the NT twice. Though not in many years. Your talent level now isn't very good for the system you run, plain and simple. That team would get smashed in D2 running that system. If you run that system, the 1st focus should be Ath and Spd in addition to the D. The stamina for the players you recruited is WAY off par for what you run.
1/19/2017 9:22 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Idea for fixing recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.