Why do guys like this get overlooked? Topic

Div II player.

Are we so obsessed with Athleticism this guy never shows up on anybody's radar?

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=13353&pid=3478852

1/19/2017 2:41 PM
His Perimeter was at 30 to start, he was a guy with low ATH, low DEF, and good but not great SPD, P, and BH. His potential made him that player, and people might not have bothered to scout him more because his DE and Phyisical ratings probably said D or F.
1/19/2017 2:49 PM
He's a servicable player, but He'd never be a PG on any of my teams unless I have no other option. He'd be a pretty good 2. He'd be a dagger off the bench too.
1/19/2017 2:55 PM
If I had known he would've ended up with 100 perimeter rating, I most definitely would've considered him. He started at 31, even at green, there is no guarantee he would've gotten above 60.

I probably would like a bit more athleticism than a 32 rating, maybe at least 50, but he still isn't bad.

I think the 54 defensive rating is manageable, but most won't agree.

His speed would be most beneficial in a press, therefore an awful defensive player could turn out to be a decent one.

Athleticism is important, but I think defensive ratings tend to get overhyped.
1/19/2017 3:03 PM (edited)

I think our minds play tricks on us when we are looking at ratings. Is a yellow or Red 65 better than a Green 30-40? The ratings are a crap shoot sometimes. Green isn't always Green. You never know.
1/19/2017 3:13 PM
This is from a 2/day, so we can assume he was generated in a 3.0 world. The game is now designed to make users miss guys like this. So, there's that.

Even assuming I saw that recruit, I would have pegged his final ratings at 32 100 --- 48 -- -- 61 79 70 -- 82. That's definitely a D2 guard, but not one I would relish starting. If his PER finished between 65-70, then you couldn't complain, but he would just be a decent backup PG. At best, I might have wondered whether he could turn into this, but he would have remained a backup option.

Post would have been an interesting team for a human to have taken over this past season. If the worlds were more full, someone should have jumped at the chance to play that backcourt. Good job recruiting simmy!
1/19/2017 3:18 PM
He is a star off the bench, definetly good in a press defense too.
1/19/2017 3:20 PM
Why do guys like this get overlooked? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.