Game plan against great RB Terrinky Topic

This engine is BS. How do you stop a great running back going (deep) against a linebacker that can't guard that deep? You know how it ask what you want your linebacker to do (cover or on the line). How come you can't have your free safety covering the RB?
1/19/2017 3:03 PM
I thought I read somewhere that the coverage is zone not man, so you don't have LBs or Safeties covering a specific offensive player.
1/19/2017 3:57 PM
Have a good safety? And yes it is zone so yea..
1/19/2017 8:22 PM
I could only pull together a small sample size right now but during this season against my FSU team there have been 9 long or deep throws to RBs. 5 times the FS was in coverage, 1 time the SS and 3 times a LB.

2 out of 3 against the LB were knockdowns. 1 by the LB and 1 by the FS.
1/19/2017 8:39 PM
Well this guy targeted him 40% of the time and big plays were bound to happen. And genuvar don't get smart with me. I'm asking a question. When it says cover I know it's some but it says zone for RB or TE. Why can't we make the switch to have our S cover TE or RB.
1/19/2017 8:49 PM
If you go to formations it shows that.
1/19/2017 8:49 PM

LBs cover RB/TEs

Safeties can cover everywhere (including RB/TE)

so in this engine your safety IS potentially covering the RB. There are a few other factors that go into play such as where the players are distributed during a play and the skill of the players that actually determine IF he will be covered.

There has been requests before to have the ability to set players to certain zones or to a man-to-man coverage but it all goes into that long list of wishes we have that havnt been fulfilled

Bottomline I go back to my original recommendation. If you have good safeties it is much harder to complete those passes against you.
1/19/2017 9:41 PM
Posted by genuvar on 1/19/2017 9:41:00 PM (view original):

LBs cover RB/TEs

Safeties can cover everywhere (including RB/TE)

so in this engine your safety IS potentially covering the RB. There are a few other factors that go into play such as where the players are distributed during a play and the skill of the players that actually determine IF he will be covered.

There has been requests before to have the ability to set players to certain zones or to a man-to-man coverage but it all goes into that long list of wishes we have that havnt been fulfilled

Bottomline I go back to my original recommendation. If you have good safeties it is much harder to complete those passes against you.
Ask for advice, veteran coach gives advice, the advice is the correct advice, veteran coach gets yelled at and accused of being "smart". So much entertainment.
1/19/2017 11:31 PM
Truedevil you're like that Nat that won't go away.
1/19/2017 11:39 PM
Too busy being a Nat than coaching your team. (6-7? Ouch)
1/19/2017 11:40 PM
Posted by AlekTx2015 on 1/19/2017 11:40:00 PM (view original):
Your like the town idiot that doesn't get the hint that everyone is making of him.
1/19/2017 11:42 PM
Alex why come here and post if you do not expect people to respond with facts? Your like the kid who throws a tantrum when mom says put the candy back.
1/19/2017 11:44 PM
Posted by AlekTx2015 on 1/19/2017 11:40:00 PM (view original):
Alek...Insults do not build credibility....neither does calling someone a Nat instead of Gnat.
1/20/2017 2:20 AM
Who the hell said I wasn't understanding what he was saying? I definitely get what he means. I just wish we could specifically go safety over RB and not a "well he might cover him depending". And b rad you make no sense. Robust I already have credibility so your point is invalid. Truedevil you always pop up with something to say. Coach your team before you get fired or something
1/20/2017 4:35 AM
Posted by AlekTx2015 on 1/20/2017 4:35:00 AM (view original):
Who the hell said I wasn't understanding what he was saying? I definitely get what he means. I just wish we could specifically go safety over RB and not a "well he might cover him depending". And b rad you make no sense. Robust I already have credibility so your point is invalid. Truedevil you always pop up with something to say. Coach your team before you get fired or something
Alek, I've had zero interaction with you here on the forums but I just wanted to ask, "You do know this is a game right?" Relax.
1/20/2017 7:34 AM
12 Next ▸
Game plan against great RB Terrinky Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.