Posted by metsmax on 1/20/2017 5:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/19/2017 6:20:00 PM (view original):
**** hits the fan when Mizzou/TAMU move from B12 to SEC and the two users say "WTF? I've been in the B12 with 4 friends and now you've split us up? **** this game!!!!"
as with 3.0, need to balance the short term transition downside vs the upside of attracting newbies better
+1

The number of users who would be seriously ****** off would probably be pretty low. At least compared to the number of newbies that might stay with more realistic conferences.

They could always offer some sort of credit to affected users. Or let them have an early and exclusive opportunity to change jobs. I don't think anyone would have a problem letting the coaches at Hawaii and Fresno have first crack at comparable Big 6 jobs.
1/20/2017 6:39 PM
how often would this conference realignment occur? Are teams flipped every year in July?

Over a 10 year stretch Louisville went from Conf-USA to BigEast to American to ACC.
I think Southern Miss has been the only team in Conf-USA from 2005 to present.
1/20/2017 7:09 PM
Posted by oldwarrior on 1/20/2017 7:09:00 PM (view original):
how often would this conference realignment occur? Are teams flipped every year in July?

Over a 10 year stretch Louisville went from Conf-USA to BigEast to American to ACC.
I think Southern Miss has been the only team in Conf-USA from 2005 to present.
That's a fair point. If any changes were made I think think they'd have to be permanent. They can't be changing conferences every year. It's just that so many changes have been made since HD was created.

Ultimately, I think it's too late to make changes. If any changes were going to be made they should've been done before the latest marketing push. But, if they decided to make changes in an effort to increase retention among new players, I think there's a way to do it without unduly upsetting the existing players.
1/20/2017 7:24 PM
Great post, Dave. Agree 100%. Would love to see realignment.
1/20/2017 8:39 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.